360 --> 4xx Plans und shopping cart

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
frauhansen
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: ZG 5.9

360 --> 4xx Plans und shopping cart

Post by frauhansen »

Hello again!

After my "hello-post" here the introducing of my project.

My target isn't the most powerful engine ever.. for this i would use a blower. What i want is pushing the characteristic from the stock engine to a higher level. :rockout:
The second target is, that this "leveling" isn't so mutch visible from outside. But here in switzerland, for streetlegal use, no modifications on the intake and exhaust side are allowed. Therefore I do not want to invest more than one working day to make it to look like stock for the technical examination every two years. :frustrated:
And, last but not least, this car is a daily driver.

The basic, a used stock 360 engine block it is in my garage. Also a brand new set of the :worship: Thorlay THY-630Y-C header :worship: :banana: :rockout:
But at now, nothing more. I want to build this engine from ground up.

At this time, i don't know how far i can go withe the 360 engine. 426ci or better 408?

My first Idea is, to buy this parts an one source... hughes.
HUG 426-RACE-KFH plus
HUG 2094 or HUG 2095 or HUG 2097 (me to decide between these three is difficult for me. That would be the consequences?)

On the other Hand... the Eagle Kit

On the compression ratio i plan the maximum at 1:11 because of the fuel quality. We have here in switzerland the best fuel in europe with 98 or 105 ROZ, but switzerland is small an i like to drive long distances ;-)

Is this combination, especially the first, working? What about the camshaft and the lifter? What about the Intake, better a "big gulp"? What abut the Hughes FI AirGap, maybe this is for high engine speeds, but i want the power out of the cellar.

That this aren't the only parts i will need, i know that. Bigger oil pump, a completely new build up cooler concept (at now i only have a small engine oilcooler is installed) , maybe a other Torque Converter with different stall, .... and may may parts more an some work at the engine block it self...

Many newbe-questions... so please excuse me in the course of the next time;-)
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 360 --> 4xx Plans und shopping cart

Post by SilverXJ »

While I am interested in watching your build this forum is mainly for Jeep 4.0L inline strokers, not the V8 strokers. I'm not saying that you can't post here, just that you may find limited help here.
frauhansen

Post by frauhansen »

I was afraid of that. Looking for V8 conversions I came almost exclusively on I6.

on the other hand, i was surprised at all to find a forum specifically for Jeep-strokin.
IH 392
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by IH 392 »

The guys over a "Bulltear" are into stroking the AMC V8's
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/forum.php
Or maybe these guys?
http://theamcforum.com/forum/
You can get more power out of ANY engine!!!
ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas and diesel
frauhansen

Post by frauhansen »

thx, i will take a look...