Engine Mount Question

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
New Stroker
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Grand

Engine Mount Question

Post by New Stroker »

Hello, I got myself in a situation and I hope someone can help me. I did some searching but haven't found the answer I need yet. I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee and I built up a 4.6 for it. Apparently I didn't do quite enough research.. My problem is I need to find a way to mount the motor in the frame. Long story short, my stroker motor has a 53010449AA block which I was told would fit my jeep when I bought it and now I found out the 2000 mounts from my Grand won't bolt up to the block. The casting that came out of my Grand is a 53010327AB. I'm guessing the person I bought if from didn't know the Grand Cherokee's were different from the Cherokee's. It looks like the Cherokee uses a different mounting configuration looking up mounts on parts suppliers websites. Hope someone else has done this swap before and can help. Thank you.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Engine Mount Question

Post by SilverXJ »

The mounts are the least of your problems. Brown Dog can make you a set of adapter mounts. You still have to deal with the alternator mounting bosses and other accessories. I believe someone on here or NAXJA did what you need to do.
New Stroker
Noob
Noob

Post by New Stroker »

SilverXJ wrote:The mounts are the least of your problems. Brown Dog can make you a set of adapter mounts. You still have to deal with the alternator mounting bosses and other accessories. I believe someone on here or NAXJA did what you need to do.
I was wondering about Brown Dog. Just found them tonight actually. I'm not worried about the accessories as much as I am about it being mounted to the frame. I'll keep looking. Thanks!
New Stroker
Noob
Noob

Post by New Stroker »

Talked to Tim at Brown Dog today. Excellent customer service to make business calls on a Sunday. Unfortunately they do nothing with WJ's. So I'm in the process of home brewing. Don't look like it will be that bad after installing mount brackets off an earlier Cherokee on the motor. I peeled all the accessory brackets to install as well. We'll see how it ends up.