FINALLY got the FTC1. Diagrams/pinouts for a 2000 WJ?

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.59L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: WJ

FINALLY got the FTC1. Diagrams/pinouts for a 2000 WJ?

Post by Spliffotticle »

I now have in my possession the FTC1-019B, Enricher, and an Excalibur remote start with turbo timer ;) This is all going on an automatic I6 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Image
Does anyone have real wiring diagrams/computer pinouts for the 2000? The Haynes is not concise enough for this year :x
bored, check. stroked, check. turbocharged, check. functional, information unavailable
yuppiexj
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.5 needs assembly

Re: FINALLY got the FTC1. Diagrams/pinouts for a 2000 WJ?

Post by yuppiexj »

PM sent
TurboTom wrote:i will eat my words later if need be.
TurboTom wrote: Not sure of your rules...but you need to start with an engine that works best for the rules and cheat from there!
Proud owner of many stroker parts, that have not yet spontaneously assembled themselves.
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

Sorry friend :( That was for the XJ. I have a WJ. Near as I can tell they are dramatically different. Very nice resource though!
bored, check. stroked, check. turbocharged, check. functional, information unavailable
CobraMarty
BANNED
BANNED
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by CobraMarty »

Can you PM me that XJ info, Please. Thanks.
1998 XJ 2D AW4 32"MTR 3.55 4.5"RC JCR Slider Magnaflow 150rwHP/174rwTQ=> Sprintex SC Gibson Header 6lb 120-140*IAT 211rwHP/274rwTQ WasherFluid Inj 70mmTB 7.5lb 100-120*IAT=>Now 12 pounds Boost=> +BV ported head
99 XJ M62 S/C
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

hopefully yuppiexj pmd you that, because I assumed you were asking him to. If not I will pass it along. I got this from montelibre http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/downl ... &mode=view
and that helps a lot. I noticed my enricher has way more to it than the ftc1. Does anyone else with the ftc1 run the enricher or did I grab me some snake oil? It seemed like a logical and necessary part, but I'm not sure why it's not already integrated. Maybe not all engines need them? Mine does I am assuming... I kept all O2 sensors but some are saying I need yet another to properly tune. Why can I not utilize the existing ones for tuning? I also got the dark blue 39/42#hr ford ev6 injectors. Does anyone know anything about fuel regulators with boost reference? I have about 3 fresh threads just waiting to sprout here :shock: Alls I knows is under vacuum I am probably not going to pull any more fuel through the regulator than it regulates, hence the clever name. Do they work the same under pressure as vac? or under 5psi boost, is35# of fuel pressure is effectively 30psi?
CobraMarty
BANNED
BANNED

Post by CobraMarty »

The boost/vac referenced FPR is quite simple. It is adjustable and can set the pressure. Set it with vac line off to your desired pressure, then with the vac line on and at idle- it will decrease the FP and thereby lowering the output of the injectors. At 0vac/0boost it will have your 'static' set pressure and when under boost it will increase the pressure delivered to the injectors by the amount of boost. Realize that the boost in the manifold will be 'pushing' back against the injector at the same pressure so that the injector will really only have a 'differential' pressure equal to the 'static' pressure that you originally set. Now a rising rate FPR like a FMU will raise the pressure much higher that the boost pressure and then you will have a higher pressure for the injectors and inject a larger amount of fuel.

I know 'clear as mud'.
1998 XJ 2D AW4 32"MTR 3.55 4.5"RC JCR Slider Magnaflow 150rwHP/174rwTQ=> Sprintex SC Gibson Header 6lb 120-140*IAT 211rwHP/274rwTQ WasherFluid Inj 70mmTB 7.5lb 100-120*IAT=>Now 12 pounds Boost=> +BV ported head
99 XJ M62 S/C
CobraMarty
BANNED
BANNED

Post by CobraMarty »

The enricher is needed on some to 'hide' the richness of the FTC, where the O2 sensor will read rich and then the ECU will try and dial back the injectors to lean it and thereby cancelling your FTC rich mixture. The enhancer intercepts the rich O2 signal and send a 'normal' signal to the ecu. This keeps the ECU happy and no CEL's. Some engines might not need one. Some have 1, 2 or 4 O2 sensors which need to be modifier with the enricher.

The stock O2 sensors are 'narrow' band and are only accurate around 14.7 A/FR. You need a 'wide' band O2 sensor which can read and display the air/fuel ratio you need to see, say 10.0 to 16.0. You can't tune with a narrow band sensor.
99 XJ M62 S/C
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

I have seen universal boost ref regs on ebay but I guess my ideal situation is a regulator that goes to the original fuel rail and not something I would have to splice in. My setup is a deadhead line, ending at the regulator. I was actually surprised to not find a return line. Splicing the new regulator isn't ideal because it's a steel quick connect line, but not insurmountable. However I would still have the stock regulator on the end unless I get a new fuel rail or something to fill the hole where it goes.

And once I have a wide band o2 sensor, where is the most profitable place to put it going to be? After the turbo would be a whole lot more ideal because of the tightness of the available space and the fact that taking my intake and header off is a pain in the ass... but if it's better before it, then I can just use the existing bung on the header for the wide band (assuming all threads match) and put the Jeeps o2 sensor post turbo on the downpipe which is already off :hrhr:

This is why taking the intake and header off is a pain. Winding back around takes away your place to work :(
It's fully wrapped and tied with an o2 sensor installed
CobraMarty
BANNED
BANNED

Post by CobraMarty »

It looks like your 2000 doesn't have a FPR on the fuel rail. If it is like the XJ then the FPR is in the fuel tank and that is why you don't have a return line.

Leave the stock O2 sensor where it is and have another bung welded on where it is convenient. pre or post turbo doesn't matter, just make it easy to put in and out.
99 XJ M62 S/C
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

It's on the rail in the middle
CobraMarty
BANNED
BANNED

Post by CobraMarty »

#8, I think that is the fuel rail dampner. If there is no fuel line coming off it, it is not a FPR. FPR need to be located after all the injectors, not between them.
99 XJ M62 S/C
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L

Post by SilverXJ »

Its a damper. How would a pressure regulator even work in the middle of the rail?
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

SilverXJ wrote:Its a damper. How would a pressure regulator even work in the middle of the rail?
I was pretty boggled myself. I assumed it was something a clever guy like yourself invented :lol:

well that explains a lot. since my regulator isn't vacuum referenced inside the tank, then what? Can I get away with it in tuning? or do I need to do a return and boost ref regulator eventually?

took my computer out... may have to fab something to house the piggyback and enricher. still setting up the double oil filters with cooler and fan. the giant turbo heats it quick and this will give me an extra quart at least, maybe two!
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Post by amcinstaller »

is that a computer fan?
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

yerp. That hoss goes behind the oil cooler. Everything is a bit disheveled right now. Technically, I haven't even mounted the fan yet. It was just kinda chilling in the pic. I have a feeling there is going to be more DISmantling than mantling for a while. I accidentally pulled a vac line out of my firewall :doh: and now have been taking my dash apart trying to get to the place it goes. It's giving me plenty of time to decide where I want to put all my piggyback stuff. I was considering the glove box but idk if they will reach. I really want to avoid keeping them in the engine compartment but may just have to bite the bullet and fab something to house the computer AND its friends