Stroked blown AEM FIC tuning tips, Got any??

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
bandon
Learning to use the board
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 91-4
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: YJ

Re: Stroked blown AEM FIC tuning tips, Got any??

Post by bandon »

Do you have a stock O2 sensor installed also? Should I have both installed, the wide band for tuning and data logging and the stock for the ECU? Ive had my wideband as the only sensor for six years at least. It seemed
to work okay. There were some strange stall and idle issues that came up VERY rarely.
I know your ECU is different but it still needs an O2 sensor, right?
YJ,4.6 stroker/blower,Hesco Alum head,SOA SYE D44, 35" ,PSC ,Borla,AEM FMU, apexi neo, bap,2 walbros,2 Optimas, btm MSD, hydroboost, pw, PICS: http://photobucket.com/albums/b207/bandon_/
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by atias »

if i remember correctly the narrowband sensor is working in 0 - 1V and the wideband is 0 - 5V ,so it not suppose to work properly.
you should have a stock O2 connected to the ecu and intercept it with the fic.
no man i don't have O2 sensor , my ecu is in open loop all the time(it came like this from the factory my jeep is ex military jeep) :)

:cheers:
bandon

Post by bandon »

Okay everything is wired up.I put in a new wideband bung in the headpipe , and re installed my narrow band in the header complete with resister. Now some basic setup questions. atias what did you use for load setup on your maps? I mean is it better to have all maps getting there signals from the MAP sensor? Since we dont have a MAF, I would trigger ignition, O2, and MAP from the map sensor. But on the other hand the vacuum line caused much of the lag with my SUPER FMU (rising rate) the Boost a pump and blower bypass. I was hoping this AEM FIC upgrade would be more of a wire thing than a vacuum tube thing. What do you recommend?
YJ,4.6 stroker/blower,Hesco Alum head,SOA SYE D44, 35" ,PSC ,Borla,AEM FMU, apexi neo, bap,2 walbros,2 Optimas, btm MSD, hydroboost, pw, PICS: http://photobucket.com/albums/b207/bandon_/
bandon

Post by bandon »

atias, did you get the 42lbs injectors installed and tuned?

I am very curious.
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by atias »

bandon wrote:atias, did you get the 42lbs injectors installed and tuned?

I am very curious.

my injectors got stuck in Customs :( i hope i can get them out soon. i need some kind of a document that says its an OEM part or they not gonna release them and my injectors and $$$$$$ goes to crap :x

as for my load map are all based on map exept the O2 that i don't use,
you shouldn't suppose to have a lag with a vacuum signal its pretty accurate, the only thing that can mess things up is if you have a leak or too much things connected to the same line, i used a PVC hose(like the ARB locker one) for the FIC map sensor and connected it independently.
did you disconnected all the FMU,BTM,BOOST A PUMP ?? you don't need them anymore the fic can cover it all if you have a big enough injectors.

bandon

Post by bandon »

I haven't started driving it yet I was just wondering how to hook things up.
My new AEM FMU had a vacuum attachment for one psi per pound of boost so I hooked it up.
The MSD I kept for the increased spark, the boost retard I never used but it is still hooked up.
Now the boost a pump, I don't know what to with. I guess wait and see how the fuel pumps get along with the green giants.
I was going to setup the FMU with my 30lbs injectors then switch over to 42lbs later after the basic settings were in place.
What would you do?
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by atias »

ill would start with the big ones, ill be better on the rich side (less chances for damage) the tuning is easy you'll be fine :) :)
check with a volt meter how much volts you have in the pump when the engine is running, the wire that feed the pump is too small to feed a strong pump, you should have at least 12 volts and up if it less add another power line to the pump from the relay.
mine was 9 volts in the beginning now 14 volts with the engine running.

when you start the first thing is to calibrate the RPM and the TPS ;)

bandon

Post by bandon »

I posted this on the AEM site but would like to hear what you think.

I think I understand how to clamp my MAP but I can't do wide open throttle runs without going into boost. I read somewhere about taking a reading of voltage with the key in RUN position then putting that in each cell above 14.5-14.7psi at all rpms.
Is there another way more accurate without removing the blower?

Sorry to hear about your injectors.
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by atias »

i looked at the map voltage with the ignition on engine off and wrote it down, then i used the data logger to record a pull and looked how much the map voltage is in boost.
now in the setup menu i changed the ANALOG A(my map channel) to LOAD INPUT = MAP , MODE = OFFSET , then i went to the map table and set all the cells that in boost to -0.015 .
so now that i'm in boost that offsets the map voltage down a bit just to the normal NA WOT voltage. :)

bandon

Post by bandon »

I am still working on my MAP clamp time will tell. Im having trouble with UEGO gauge and the FIC aux a/f gauge giving wildly different readings. Do you have any experience with this problem?