What do you think of this fuel injector for 4.6L?

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
fsjeep13
I think I'll order a "tab"
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

What do you think of this fuel injector for 4.6L?

Post by fsjeep13 »

What have you guys heard about this injector? I have a 2000 Wrangler 4.6L Probably at 260 hp. I'm breaking it in with the stock injectors right now. This is what I am wanting to get and I wanted to see if any of you with the newer model Jeeps have used them, perticularly with the 49psi rail....

This seems like the golden ticket, I don't want to buy them and later find that many of you have had bad luck with these. Thanks!

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=det ... catId=7971
fsjeep13

Re: What do you think of this fuel injector for 4.6L?

Post by fsjeep13 »

Anybody heard of these? Anybody?
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

Hesco's site doesn't give much information. Googling that part number shows cheaper prices as well as that its from a 2000-2003 Dodge Dakota. My notes say they should be Bosch 0-280-155-934, Mopar pn 53031740AA, and single hole. They also don't look anything like the image on Hesco's site. However, they should flow 25.04 on a 49psi rail. They should be a good fit for your 2000 if that information is correct.
fsjeep13

Post by fsjeep13 »

Thanks for the reply. I called hesco and he said they were 24 lb. And probably flow 48-52 psi. I wasn't sure though. Also quadratec sells them saying they are 24 lb. But does not say the psi. I'll have to check those other part numbers you mentioned tomorrow. I'm running the 19 lb injectors currently babying it. I hooked up a scan tool today and I was throwing misfire codes at idle in closed loop, but not while driving. I think I'm ordering those injectors Monday. I have 130 miles on it currently. Thanks for the information.
fsjeep13

Post by fsjeep13 »

Hey silverxj, what is the flow rating on the 53032704AB injector? I'm not finding anything. That's the last one I want to look at before getting the dodge Dakota injector.
rainman
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by rainman »

Have you conciderd this type of injector?
“1999 only” Taurus/Sable injectors, 0280155849 can be used.

This EV6 injector will flow 265cc/min @ 43.5 PSI, same as the FMS M9593-A302(24 lb) but with USCAR connector so the original injector clips on the loom will plug straight on..
Obd1 scanner.
'95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan
Sydney Australia
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

fsjeep13 wrote:Hey silverxj, what is the flow rating on the 53032704AB injector? I'm not finding anything. That's the last one I want to look at before getting the dodge Dakota injector.
It flows 25.8@ 49psi. Its not a bad fit.
rainman wrote:Have you conciderd this type of injector?
“1999 only” Taurus/Sable injectors, 0280155849 can be used.

This EV6 injector will flow 265cc/min @ 43.5 PSI, same as the FMS M9593-A302(24 lb) but with USCAR connector so the original injector clips on the loom will plug straight on..
That injector will flow about 27 lbs. Too large.
fsjeep13

Post by fsjeep13 »

I bought the Hesco Dodge injectors. I have about 165 miles with them and it feels good so far. I'll check the a/f ratio once I build up some lt trim.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

Those should be a good fit.
fsjeep13

Post by fsjeep13 »

Looks like I'm adding 4.5%, but I think that is in the range of acceptable. I may have been able to do a 26lb injector afterall, but this seems adequate.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

See what the AFR does at WOT
Bike Guy
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: JEEP

Post by Bike Guy »

Sorry this is to late to help you with your buying decision, but I have a Ton of injector info. that I accumulated while trying to get my rig dialed in Right. One thing you always have to remember is that injectors are all base rated at 43psi.
Here are a couple good info. links:
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html
http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/F ... Rates.html
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

91 YJ, 4.0 Magnum, 4.10 Hp D30 ARB & 4.10 8.8 ARB, 5.0 AtlasII, BrownDog block & M.M., 6" BDS SUA lift, 35x12.5x15 Maxxis C/C, T-R B/L's, M.C. seats & belts, P.S.C. Armor, PSC steering & BLA-BLA mods! We WILL NOT FORGET 9/11!
fsjeep13

Post by fsjeep13 »

my long term trim changed to about 11%, I'm getting a misfire underload at around 3000 rpm in 1st and on the highway in 3rd. I'm running those 25lb injectors too... I can't get WOT while driving, but maybe i'll have the shop go out and do that, but what will that tell me? Will it help me get a different set of injectors or help me see if a FPR will help? Should I get an Fuel pressure regulator from hesco? How much higher psi do I really want to run on these injectors. OR should I guy some 26lb injectors. They are similar in price and I don't want to do both. I had to replace my crank, cam, and some other sensor the other day and it was way too expensive. I pulled the plugs when the misfires started after the new crank and cam sensors and they looked dry clean, maybe a slight discoloration from the high zinc oil or running lean.

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=det ... 993&catId=
Bike Guy
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: JEEP

Post by Bike Guy »

fsjeep13 wrote:my long term trim changed to about 11%, I'm getting a misfire underload at around 3000 rpm in 1st and on the highway in 3rd. I'm running those 25lb injectors too... I can't get WOT while driving, but maybe i'll have the shop go out and do that, but what will that tell me? Will it help me get a different set of injectors or help me see if a FPR will help? Should I get an Fuel pressure regulator from hesco? How much higher psi do I really want to run on these injectors. OR should I guy some 26lb injectors. They are similar in price and I don't want to do both. I had to replace my crank, cam, and some other sensor the other day and it was way too expensive. I pulled the plugs when the misfires started after the new crank and cam sensors and they looked dry clean, maybe a slight discoloration from the high zinc oil or running lean.

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=det ... 993&catId=

You can keep going bigger injectors but that's really not the answer if your not getting enough pressure to them to achieve proper atomization & flow. What is your pressure at the rail/injector? If you do not know, this would be the first place to start, at least then you can rule out a fuel pump problem?
91 YJ, 4.0 Magnum, 4.10 Hp D30 ARB & 4.10 8.8 ARB, 5.0 AtlasII, BrownDog block & M.M., 6" BDS SUA lift, 35x12.5x15 Maxxis C/C, T-R B/L's, M.C. seats & belts, P.S.C. Armor, PSC steering & BLA-BLA mods! We WILL NOT FORGET 9/11!
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

You injectors are not your problem. Do you even have a wideband installed to tell you what your actual afr is? Unless it is an extremely rich or lean condition it won't cause a misfire. Also, that pump you shown will not change your fuel pressure. The only way to do that is by changing the fuel pressure regulator.

Since you say it started with changing the CPS and cam sensors I would start there. Make sure the cam sensor drive is indexed properly first off. Just because the part is new does not mean it is any good. Check your fuel pressure as said.