Need a Jeep Mechanic in Louisiana

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
DirtyB
Vehicle Year: 1981
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ-8

Need a Jeep Mechanic in Louisiana

Post by DirtyB »

I bought a disaster of a CJ-8 years ago and spent a lot of time doing a frame off restoration (more or less). I did all of the engine work and assembly myself only subbing out the paint job
Cleaned up Jeep January 2006 006.jpg
. I'm very proud of that. Since then, I have 2 kids and I've moved and have no more garage. I also have no more time. I went to the junkyard and pulled the head and associated fuel injection stuff off of a 1995 cherokee. I wanted to upgrade my carb and 4.2 with the 4.0 head and FI. I just don't have the time anymore, and I was wondering if there was someone in Louisiana that did this type of work. Most mechanics won't touch it because it's not an easy parts replacement job. I'm in the position where I have the cash to do it, but I just don't have a shop any more nor do I have the time. Any suggestions?

Jesse

[email protected]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jrussblues
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Lj

Re: Need a Jeep Mechanic in Louisiana

Post by Jrussblues »

Searchers 4wd in prairieville. They specialize in jeeps of all years
themcfarland
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: wrangler

Re: Need a Jeep Mechanic in Louisiana

Post by themcfarland »

I would avoid searchers and just get someone who knows engines.. Give Forged offroad a call, they can point you in the right direction..