Big Valve Stroker Motor

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
linolino1

Re: Big Valve Stroker Motor

Post by linolino1 »

Actually I'm Looking at your pictures, you have the guide plate tabs pointing up. Would it be better if they were down? How bad are the guide plates worn? Any pics of them? Sorry for so many questions, but I was going to run the same setup. I like the ideal of having an adjustable valvetrain, but without using a valve cover spacer.thank you for the info.that have sharing very useful info.,,,

I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Post by amcinstaller »

with no action since december of 2008, i think maize583 may have left the building.
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
Maize583
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Grand Cher

Post by Maize583 »

linolino1 wrote:Actually I'm Looking at your pictures, you have the guide plate tabs pointing up. Would it be better if they were down? How bad are the guide plates worn? Any pics of them? Sorry for so many questions, but I was going to run the same setup. I like the ideal of having an adjustable valvetrain, but without using a valve cover spacer.thank you for the info.that have sharing very useful info.,,,
Sorry. My snowmobile side business kept me EXTREMELY busy this winter, and I just had both knees replaced on May 20. I am just starting to get back to normal.

All guide plates have the tabs pointing up according to my machinist.

The guide plates are not worn at all. They are hardened. You MUST have hardened pushrods to run guide plates. I have been running the motor since. I have about 16,000 trouble free miles on it.

I pulled a two place snowmobile trailer to Island Park, Idaho this winter. It ROCKED!!!!

Making Progress

Post by Maize583 »

I took the plunge with the Cash for Clunkers program and turned the ole' 94 in for junk.

I am pulling the motor this week and putting it up for sale. $2250 delivered up to 7 hours one way from Cedar Rapids, IA. Check out the Classified section for more details.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

boo
Maize583
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Maize583 »

gradon wrote:boo
"boo"? Are you kidding? I got a brand new truck w/extended warranty (which I administer). I don't have to turn a wrench on it for 8 years or 125K. That is YEAH! in my book. LOL

That is definately going to be a change. It was time, it was having electrical wiring issues. I had to pull the buzzer because it would just go off randomly and stay on for 5-10 mins, the L F door lock actuator was out, the rear window wiper was out, the L R window motor was out, the driver's seat leather was worn through in two different places, the carpet was worn out, the interior smelled like a wet dog when you first get in it and the rocker panels, front doors and rear hatch all were rusted.

It was time to put her down.....peacefully.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

I just meant boo on getting rid of the stroker. I can understand if the shell needed swapping from being worn out.