Injectors and other questions

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Lumpster
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: YJ

Injectors and other questions

Post by Lumpster »

Ok. Been reading this site and I am sure the answer to my question is in here but been getting little bits from allot of posts so will just ask away?

I have a 1990 YJ with 4.2 and webber carb. No computer or fuel injection in rig currently (not sure how it came factory). Motor blew up.

Built a "poor mans" 4.6 stroker to install with 4.2 rods and crank. SP CP677 .030 pistons/rings. Comp Cam 68-232-4 cam and lifter set. Of course doing all on a very tight budget.

Here are my questions. My donor 4.0 had intake with injectors/rail and exhaust that I plan on using. (it came with computer, ignition and all sensors). I didnt get the fuel pump.

1. Will a fuel pump out of a 1990 YJ (friend has for free w/tank if I need it) work?
2. Are 24lb injectors needed. My mechanic tells me since I will mostly running low RPM's the stock injectors should be fine?
3. How hard is it to take the monstor wiring harness and installing in my rig (would like to get rid of the unneeded wiring if possible)?

Thanks for reading and I have found this site helpful!
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Injectors and other questions

Post by Cheromaniac »

Lumpster wrote:1. Will a fuel pump out of a 1990 YJ (friend has for free w/tank if I need it) work? No. You'll need the fuel pump and lines from a '91-'95 4.0 YJ.
2. Are 24lb injectors needed? Yes.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: