Sharp Rock's 5 year Stroker Project, 4.6L

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
Sharp Rock
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Grand Cher

Sharp Rock's 5 year Stroker Project, 4.6L

Post by Sharp Rock »

Greetings to all.

I want to start by saying thanks for having such a great forum here. A truly wonderful resource for those wishing to dig extra ponys out of our Jeep's 6 cylinders.

A brief introduction. I joined this forum in December of 2008. And before that, I was active over on the Yahoo Stroker group before this forum was conceived. Most of the block machine work and parts purchases were done in early 2006. Then, the wheels came off. We all know what happened to the economy. But through it all, I managed to hang on to everything. Now, life is pretty good! I'm digging everything out, and the project is a go!

Vehicle is a 1995 Grand Cherokee. 225,000 on the clock. Still running stock suspension. We'll see if I can change that in the next year.

1996 Block (I think, been so long), Bored .030, Decked .045, align bored. It is a late model block for sure, with the stiffener across the mains.
Original 12 counter weight crank has been upgraded to a new Scat crank I bought this last Christmas. Crank, balancer, and flexplate were spun balanced 2 weeks ago.
Clevite 77 main, rod, and cam bearings.
Stock Melling oil pump.
Pistons are the Silvolite 2229 coated. I bought these from a guy (Ritchie) from that old Yahoo group back in 2006. CNC dished to 28cc.
Rods are the 707s, shot peened and with ARP bolts fitted.
The pistons and rods were balanced back in 2006, and assembled.
I "think" I have Perfect Circle rings.
Original plan on the cam was the old Crane 905, now will be using a Bullet cam, Grind #AM6 263/265-14H. Nice and mild.
The Crane will probably go in the dumpster.
Lifters are Crower Cam Savers.
And have new stock springs,valves, and keepers.
0720 head, porting was started back in 2006, needs to be finished up and the 3 angle valve job done.I will be cc'ing the head to get to stock compression. I want this baby running on 87 octane. Pretty sure I'll be milling it to bring compression back UP.
I also have the late model intake manifold with the late model power steering pump and brackets.
Still need injectors and make a decision on if I need a map adjuster or more.

I started digging everything out of storage the last few weekends. The block has a light haze of rust. My new machinist said to clean it up with some Scotch Brite pads. I hope to be assembling in about 2 weeks. I have waited so long to do this!

Wishing all the best. Thanks for being here guys. And thanks to Dino, who started it all!

Jerry
banipal19
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ Sports

Re: Sharp Rock's 5 year Stroker Project, 4.6L

Post by banipal19 »

Good luck! and make sure to take a lot pictures and share them with us!! :)