4.2 with the 4.0 and a Carb?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
I6CJ7

4.2 with the 4.0 and a Carb?

Post by I6CJ7 »

I want to put the 4.0 head on my 4.2 and want to know if I'll still be able to use my weber carb that i have. Its the 38/38 390 cfm model, reason being is its a brand new carb and i don't want to mess with putting fuel injection on it, and also is there a specific year head that is better than others?

thanks
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Re: 4.2 with the 4.0 and a Carb?

Post by John »

You will not be the first to build this way, the 91-95 head is thought to flow the best, casting number on the head 7120. What intake do you plan on using? Clifford performance makes a fine intake to bolt to the 4.0 heads for use with carbs.
John
I6CJ7

Post by I6CJ7 »

Can i just use my stock intake already on the 4.2? Or will i have to get one from clifford performance? I already know i'll have to get a 4.0 header but i was thinking i would be able to keep using the stock intake manifold i have.
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

It can be reused but it will take a bit of work and some custom washers. Part of the larger port area of the 4.0 head will be blocked, but it works and will still make more power than you had.
John
I6CJ7

Post by I6CJ7 »

Thanks for the info John, i figure i'll probably go with the clifford intake so everything lines up and goes smoothly.

Jeff