4.6L Stroker- "What I Did" thread

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
tcervinsky
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Cherokee
Vehicle Model: Country

4.6L Stroker- "What I Did" thread

Post by tcervinsky »

I made a suggestion in the general forum but I figured I'd try this too and see if it catches on. I'm hoping to start a "sticky" thread if the mods will allow.

This one is labeled "4.6L Stroker- What I Did" and I'd like to get people to post replies as to what their build consisted of, no matter how in depth or simple it was, as long as it was only the 4.6L build. Other threads may be started with other displacments if this seems like a good idea to anyone else. This would not be a place for questions and answers, just information. I'd like to have you include what you started with and what parts you included in your build- give vintage of parts and part numbers too if you can. Include any machine work you had done or did yourself. Then also give your opinion of the results (if you've got dyno numbers for your build include them too) and detail what problems you incountered, have, or fixed. Other information that could be included : type of fuel, mpg, cost, application (dd, race, rock, mud, etc...), tire size, lift/drop, and so on.

I feel this could prove to be a valuable tool and helping newbies like myself. I don't want this to become a hypetheticle with responses about calculations or how to build a stroker, I would just like actual real world-already built and driven storkers to reply. If you feel the need to ask questions PM the person whom posted something you're interested in- it will help keep the thread uncluttered.

Anyone have any interest in contributing?
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 4.6L Stroker- "What I Did" thread

Post by Cheromaniac »

I think my stroker build is well known. Dyno numbers were with '01 XJ intake after I swapped it in 2 years ago. Still have same set-up and 65k miles on the stroker (nearly 240k miles on the Jeep).
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
tcervinsky
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Cherokee
Vehicle Model: Country

Post by tcervinsky »

I guess only one person ever build a stroker that ran... :huh:
WJ 2000
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: GC/WJ

Post by WJ 2000 »

No I've built a 4.6 stroker 2 months ago and it runs fine now'' its from a 2000 4.0 motor, Sorry I cant help you, with yours''