Hello from the Kansas City Metro Area

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Missourian
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Hello from the Kansas City Metro Area

Post by Missourian »

I am getting ready to rebuild a 02' 4.0L from a Grand Cherokee and researching building it as a 4.7L stroker. A fellow Metro Crawler forum member built a 4.6L and suggested I go with dish pistons and 8:1 compression and build it as a 4.7L Stroker.

I am not an "engine guy" but I understand the basics. I am looking for a solid recipe to build using a 4.2L crank and rods. I am looking to replace the pistons and reuse the head, rockers and keep a stock profile cam shaft. I have read with the right recipe and machining that I can have built a "reliable" 4.7L that will run on 87 Octane without pinging.

So without :deadhorse: can you show me the way? :worship:

Straight forward advice /help, absent of :bs: is always appreciated!
I have a 4.6L STOKER in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler with 4.5" lift on 35" BFG MT and 4.56:1 gears.

Check out Metro Crawlers Image
jbxx
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: $.6 mistake?
Vehicle Year: 1986
Vehicle Model: CJ7

Re: Hello from the Kansas City Metro Area

Post by jbxx »

read this
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html
He is here all the time.
Missourian
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Missourian »

Were moving forward with building a 4.6L STROKER based upon the "Modified Poor Man's" STROKER. So far, I bought a new 4.2L Crankshaft and Keith Black IC944-20 Forged Pistons.

I am not a machinist or engine mechanic but I have been able to enlist the help of one through a local shop here in the Kansas City metro area; Straightline Motorsports.This local shop has build one STROKER prior to mine. I am less knowledgeable so they have become more interested in rebuilding Jeep 4.0L and building STROKERS. The more the engine mechanic reads the less information he needs from me which is great to have such as partner in this project.
I have a 4.6L STOKER in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler with 4.5" lift on 35" BFG MT and 4.56:1 gears.

Check out Metro Crawlers Image
lindajamison76
Vehicle Year: 1990

Post by lindajamison76 »

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.