turbocharged

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.59L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: WJ

Re: turbocharged

Post by Spliffotticle »

SilverXJ wrote:You will need a piggy back, a 2 bar MAP sensor and larger injectors. The stock PCM doesn't know what to do with boost nor can the stock MAP sensor read it. And if you don't already have one you will want a wide band O2 sensor setup. Bryson on NAXJA had good luck using an AEM unit for the piggy back. Also, as others have said that throttle body is too large and you need to fix the TPS.
it turns out... I don't think I had the cam sensor set right but figured it out setting the cam back to 0. After I carefully determined I was setting the cam sensor right and did away with my cam advance my 100MM EXTRA BIG ASS THROTTLE snapped my motor open like a glow stick but I'm waiting on some valve stem seals til I can put her back together & test it out.
bored, check. stroked, check. turbocharged, check. functional, information unavailable
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

Spliffotticle wrote:my 100MM EXTRA BIG ASS THROTTLE

some other randoms
bored, check. stroked, check. turbocharged, check. functional, information unavailable
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

Thats.. umm... interesting.
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

Welp, I got bad news. Same problem. mostly a lot of face falling computer havin no idea what's going on. I'm going to keep fiddling with all the doo-dads and see if I can't make my engine do that trick it does sometimes. The one where I had instantaneous throttle response idling and also the part where I lit up a set of 31" thornbirds today spun her right aroooouuuund :D but it's so random... I need to trick this computer or something. So, since I'm but a poor, humble servant with no means for fancy roller-rockers and computer altering substances I will just pray for it & let all u guys that bought stuff see how much easier this is.
Matthew 19:26 (New International Version, ©2011)
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
4.whoa
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj&mj

Post by 4.whoa »

Do yourself,and your engine for that matter, a favor and get a 2bar map. 505 used to sell them. Have you fixed the tps yet?
-Russ

4wd is fun, but 2wd is a BLAST
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

4.whoa wrote:Do yourself,and your engine for that matter, a favor and get a 2bar map. 505 used to sell them. Have you fixed the tps yet?
Oh to have money. The map sensor isn't the problem.... right now. will be later when I'm using boost I'm sure. but for now it's the extra big ass throttle causing my problems. I don't want to go back to those dinky stock throttles as big a round as my..... :shock: My tps is doing it's job. It just doesn't know that wot means I could suck a small chicken down the intake! :lol:
Actually. I am going to try and lurn some number makin and calculate the area of stock @ wot and see how much I have to open the big one to match the cross-sectional area. Then once I got that I will have to gear the tps to open at the appropriate rate. Then I will exercise some other FREE options until I come to the conclusion I need a stock intake/throttle. Then I will get one & if I still have the problem go from there.
4.whoa
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj&mj

Post by 4.whoa »

Spliffotticle wrote:I am going to try and lurn some number makin and calculate the area of stock @ wot and see how much I have to open the big one to match the cross-sectional area. Then once I got that I will have to gear the tps to open at the appropriate rate.
I see what you're saying, but how can that work properly? If you tell it (tps)your all in at the "stock airflow amount" it will be doin all its gonna at that point,so when you really open it up then what? :huh:
-Russ

4wd is fun, but 2wd is a BLAST
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

4.whoa wrote:I see what you're saying, but how can that work properly? If you tell it (tps)your all in at the "stock airflow amount" it will be doin all its gonna at that point,so when you really open it up then what? :huh:
Excellent question. My best logic for it is this: You can rev your engine to it's limit without the throttle being completely open. This means the computer knows the difference between load and no load because with the throttle opened the same amount in gear it will just have a lil go power. So, boost aside, once the tps reads wot it should not matter how w my t is o. It's telling the computer "for all intents & purposes, air flow is unrestricted". But if it were all this cut & dry I would be outside doing uninterrupted burnouts instead of on a stroker forum looking for poor people that figured out how to trick the computer. :cry:
Spliffotticle
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Spliffotticle »

I prayed on it and got some quick action. I reset the computer and put everything back where it goes and learned if I just ease the throttle more I can break 31 inch tires loose moving. stand still is trickier. I'm still working on that. Just got some plates so I'll be taking it on the road & see what, besides the turbo not blowing off, I have to tackle next.