Muad'Dib 4.7L stroker build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
marcusofmagna
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: Muad'Dib 4.7L stroker build

Post by marcusofmagna »

OK with as built measurements I am at 10.9:1 static and 8.36: at 5200 ft elevation which is where I live. The machine shop must have thought I was joking or I have forgotten how to read a dial indicator but my deck clearance is a solid .0012 lol looks great and though they are close, the pistons are not sticking out the top of the block. I bought a Fel Pro MLS gasket that flattens out to .040" so .0412 quench height. I believe thats about as good as it gets. I am waiting on rocker arms and my new comp cams cam degreeing kit to finish but next weekend should be when it all happens. Not sure how it will run but the building and selecting of parts and so forth has been more fun than I've had in quite a while. :banana:
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

marcusofmagna wrote: May 19th, 2018, 1:38 pm I am extremely curious about the need, or should I say advantages of upping my TB diameter to maybe 65, or 68mm, and going to the 99 plus intake.
Any thoughts on this?
Sorry for the delayed response. For most of our Stroker builds, the stock bore is fine. Larger bore "feels" stronger but I don't know if its really measurable. Throttle response is insane though with my 68mm Dakota TB. Some may not like this.. but I personally do.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
marcusofmagna
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by marcusofmagna »

Well I too apologize for my late response been very busy.
I just started the jeep again after installing a new higher output fuel pump, new lines, and rebuilding my vapor canister and all associated lines. I also took my wiring harness out and replaced a couple of damaged plugs and redid some previous repairs. Needless to say it is running much better but still getting random misfire codes. I am leaning towards timing being still a bit too advanced. It Idles at about 8-10 degrees btdc I am considering opening up the timing case again and retarding it 2 degrees. I also have purchased an AEM wideband o2 sensor and controller and plan on installing that tomorrow. It still is running a bit rich and heating up the cat. I have also purchased but not yet installed the map sensor voltage adjuster, (I forget the name of the company). I was getting only 3.8 volts at 0 vac where I believe I should be at near 5 volts no? What is your opinion on optimal advance/retard of the timing at Idle. Reading forums and so forth I find folks saying it should run between 8 to 10 or even 12 degrees btdc? I'm getting close it has much more power than the old 4.0 but still stutters a bit at acceleration, is running a bit rich and as I said the cat is still heating up to an uncomfortable level. Any and all input is welcome from those with experience.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

I am looking at selling this Jeep so hit me up if you are interested. It now has below the door body damage on the passenger side and needs a new door as it was in a low speed accident last week.

Stroker is still strong.. and i am sure this Jeep could be built into an awesome rock crawler. I had plans for this Jeep, but i just never got around to it and this Accident made me realize that i just don't have as much energy to put into it that i did when i first started down the road of modifying it. It drives fine.. just has that lower door damage that would be a bit harder to fix. Slap a new door on it and it would be fine.

PM me if your near the Oregon area and are interested. Ill be happy to share everything i have including another Engine, Transmission, Dana44 (from an 87) skid plates etc.
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

I hated to see it go, but it sort of stayed in the family and went to a long time friend. This is sold.