Flow bench Head Porting collected work by NOSIGMA

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
nosigma
I think I'll order a "tab"

Re: Flow bench Head Porting collected work by NOSIGMA

Post by nosigma »

Look carefully at the first picture and the last picture of the intake port. You can see the little "ditch" just as the floor drops down into the throat. The 1/16 of an inch ditch tapers to nothing as you move closer to the manifold face. The port taper, showing that the floor is wider than the roof with increase in width taking place on the cylinder center side (same side as the exhaust port) can be seen in the third picutre.

John
1bolt
Donator
Donator

Post by 1bolt »

Okay I'm back, and sad to see I missed some stuff. John if you're still out there, I am sorry I couldn't flow that bad boy as it would have put a cap on what is one of the oldest and best porting threads on I6 jeep stuff ever, all the way back to the beginnings of this on NAXJA.

Long story short, back when we moved a couple years back, the shop space I was promised never materialized, and was followed closely by another baby girl, right about the time you were posting last July I was in sleepless nights mode with a newborn... and since the move I haven't so much as spun a wrench until recently. The bench has been in pieces since the move. I have recently moved back to my property in Culpeper and am prepping for a cement slab and a steel garage right now (well right now it's raining cats and dogs but you know what I mean).

Anyway with some luck I'll get this bad boy back up and running as soon as I can. Meanwhile thanks for the pics of that famous head, I would be very interested in some port castings but I'm gonna guess that ship has sailed, and your Rambler is back on the road.
--
Simon
Looking for a 232 crankshaft see my want ad: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1292
http://www.jeepstrokers.com 94 XJ Stroked lifted locked. 89 MJ restored Work truck, 88 YJ going on third build up and second Stroker.
casual
BANNED
BANNED
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj

Post by casual »

I've got to bump this up...I just read it all and god am I interested...I am in no way confident enough to port my own head, so I'm current looking for someone who knows a thing or 2 about the 4.0 heads to port mine. I can pay $$$$$$$$$ :lol:
Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Post by Shark »

1Bolt, did you get that slab poured?

When you had the bench up did you have a chance to test the flow of any throttle body/intake combos? Id like to see what size TB flows best with a stock 99+ intake and maybe also with intake port matched to a 0331 head. I dont know much about how the bench works so i dont know if its even possible to set that up.

Do you have any pictures of the flow bench and with a head attached so I can at least have an idea as to how that thing works?
'91 MJ 4.0 ax15 Resto-mod street truck project, stroker candidate
'93 XJ 2door 4.0 aw4 np231 7" lift 33's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 2" 31's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 np231 4" lift 31's RIP
Zorm
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Zorm »

Ok, Zombie thread, coming back from the dead, any progress of this? Would like to see anything on larger then stock tb on the 99+ intake
nosigma

Post by nosigma »

1bolt

I saw that you are selling off a lot of your XJ stuff on the NOVAJeepers site. Anything up with the flow bench? Not saying I want to get back into that business, but if you lightening your load and the bench is something your thinking about getting rid of I think I can find a good home for it.

John
crazygogo
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 242 + .30 over
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: wj

Post by crazygogo »

bump...anything new?
nosigma

Post by nosigma »

Other than wishing that the owners of photo bucket burn in hell, no, at least not from me. 1bolt got the flow bench but ran into personal issues and could not continue the research. I guess for now Russ is the best source for performance 4.0 head work.

John
Brianj5600
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Brianj5600 »

SkylinesSuck
Donator