sudo chop's 4.6

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: sudo chop's 4.6

Post by gradon »

It is the check valve inside the gas tank. Unfortunately a common issue with the 97+s w/o the fuel return of the earlier years. Heat soak can also play a part in that check valve failing(the boiling fuel raises the pressure in the line and has to find release somewhere). If you had a fuel pressure gauge, you'd see the pressure drop pretty quickly after you cycled the ignition. The good news is that this could be part of your pinging issues as well if it's not building up to max psi. My advice: get a Bosch fuel pump(I'd recommend the Walbro I have, but it's whiney like our stock pumps are on their way out). Stay away from Airtex.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996

Post by gradon »

So any updates on the fuel issues?
sudo chop
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998

Post by sudo chop »

Nope, same as it was! I've just been cycling the key a couple times to start it if it's been sitting for a while, like overnight. I'm planning on trying to richen up the mixture to get rid of some heat if there is room to do so, I'm going to put the wbo2 on it this weekend, which is something I should have done like a year ago when I first got it running, what an ass I am. I gotta get rid of the heat!