From Holley 470 cfm + Offy to OEM YJ EFI

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
lcolina
Learning to use the board
Learning to use the board
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1981
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ7

From Holley 470 cfm + Offy to OEM YJ EFI

Post by lcolina »

Hey Guys I have the opportunity to go EFI using a YJ 92 as a donor. I already have checked all the parts I need.

I am sure going from Carter and stock intake is a real benefit, but from my configuration I am not sure.

I am not afraid of diagnose any EFI problem during trail, cause I already own an XJ and I know what to do and what to carry with me. So complication is not an issue.

I know EFI is way too much precise and accurate combustion system.

But what I am really wondering, in terms of power and throttle response, is it really worth the change from Holley 470cfm + Offenhouser to Stock YJ EFI? How much CFM is on a stock YJ EFI intake?

Here is the description of what I have:

Jeep CJ7, 4.56 gears, 35" Tires, Ford 8.8 rear, rear Detroit Locker,Dana 30 front with truetrack and Yukon chromoly kit, Ax15 with flipped Dana 300.
Stroker at 0.30 with 360 valves on head.
231-4 cam CompCams (800-5000 rpm). (not for EFI, but I read from Dyno that it will work anyway).
Offenhouser plus Holley Truck Avenger 470 CFM.
HEI Distributor.
MSD 6AL.

This would be an easy mod for me and I will not be spending too much money due that I already have all the parts needed, but is there a really benefit in terms of power and throttle response?

Can you use the XJ 2000-2001 bigger intake with the YJ 92 Sensors?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.
stroked'73
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1973
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wagoneer

Re: From Holley 470 cfm + Offy to OEM YJ EFI

Post by stroked'73 »

Hello from another carbed stroker! I can't answer the question but I'd also like to hear what folks think on this, so here's a bump for ya! I know this is an older post but I haven't been on the site in awhile.
1973 Jeep Wagoneer - 4.6L basic stroker, Q-jet/Offy dualport, Comp 68-231, .043" HG, 9.79 scr/8.56 dcr, crappy quench