Alaskan Expedition Stroker Build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
cigarluvr
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: ZJ

Alaskan Expedition Stroker Build

Post by cigarluvr »

So I have been working diligently on putting together the bottom end of my stroker together. I have purchased several parts from members of this board and to them I say thanks. Before I get into the specifics of my build let me say that living in Alaska (on a island of all places) is not the place to build one of these...but I like challenges. We have the one of the largest commercial fishing fleets on the west coast and only one machinist...and one salvage yard...so parts and such are hard to find and expensive to ship, as AJMORELL found out when he shipped me his crankshaft (thanks again) and SILVERXJ sent me a cam and such (thanks)...our machinst here onthe island is very competent and reasonably priced, but his services are limited. But anyway enough of that...

Beginning Vehicle - '93 ZJ 235K original miles

Donor Block - '00 TJ Cleaned and bored .040 over (I know...fitment issues...I'll make it work...I can make anything work!)
Head was cracked so...'95 XJ - casting 7120 rebuilt, cleaned up, and stuffed with new MOPAR springs, valves, and retainers
'81-'86 Crankshaft - .010-.010
Clevite Main/Rod Bearings
'00 4.0L Rods
Keith Black (Icon) IC944-40 Pistons w/ 21cc dishes
KB Moly Rings
MOPAR/Victor Rienz Head Gasket
COMP 68-231-4 Cam w/ COMP Lifters
Clevite Cam Bearing
High Volume Oil Pump
Ford Racing 24# Injectors.
Rollmaster timing set
Late model intake...
Borla Header...

So far that's what I have, all said my SCR is 9.42 and my DCR is 8.22. So looks like i may be using 89 and higher fuel but seeing that I fill up all of once every 3 weeks, I think I can handle it. I have some other things to get but shoudl have her running in a month or two...depends on how the fishing goes this year...

I will trya nd get some pics up of what I have together now. Thanks for reading.