FAQ Access

Check here for most things forum related... NOT stroker related!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

FAQ Access

Post by Muad'Dib »

I noticed today when i was changing some permissions, i had previously set up the FAQ section to have "Read Only Access" This means that you cant post replys, or make new threads in this category.

I would like to know if this is the behavior that you guys would like to see in this FAQ section, or if you would like the permissions to be changed.

Thanks for your time.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: FAQ Access

Post by Flash »

Well I thing that it should be lock or keep as it is, in the FAQ section. When some one post up something that should be add to a FAQ , Like you have done with a couple of my post, there should be a copy of it added to the particular FAQ If just the facts are there, it will be much easier for some one to find, and get there answer then sifting thru a bunch of post that could become several page long.

How ever, I think that once you have decided that that particular post, that you /we thing should be put in the FAQ..........it should be a copied, and the original post be kept in the thread and NOT locked so that the discussion can continue in the thread.

The way it is now, once a good discussion/FAQ has been remove from the thread, there is a lot of talk leading up to...........and after the fact, talking about............thats just not there. could be real confusing to some one that does a search and finds one of these locked threads.

Flash.
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Flash wrote:Well I thing that it should be lock or keep as it is, in the FAQ section. When some one post up something that should be add to a FAQ , Like you have done with a couple of my post, there should be a copy of it added to the particular FAQ If just the facts are there, it will be much easier for some one to find, and get there answer then sifting thru a bunch of post that could become several page long.

How ever, I think that once you have decided that that particular post, that you /we thing should be put in the FAQ..........it should be a copied, and the original post be kept in the thread and NOT locked so that the discussion can continue in the thread.

The way it is now, once a good discussion/FAQ has been remove from the thread, there is a lot of talk leading up to...........and after the fact, talking about............thats just not there. could be real confusing to some one that does a search and finds one of these locked threads.

Flash.
I completly understand what your saying. Thanks for your input... I will probably do the copy thing from now on.

Any other suggestions?
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

How about a way for the author to add directly to their faq's (additional info as a new entry) If the moderators found the additional information inappropriate, it could be deleted.
John
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

John wrote:How about a way for the author to add directly to their faq's (additional info as a new entry) If the moderators found the additional information inappropriate, it could be deleted.
John
I just changed the permissions for editing your own posts, so you should be able to do that now. Will that suffice? Or are you looking for something different?

Thanks!
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

I think that will do it quite well, Thank you.
John