Omegatron's Strokin' it!

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
omegatron
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: Omegatron's Strokin' it!

Post by omegatron »

This week I ported the intake manifold. Everything went pretty smooth, double checking material removed with the gasket as I go along. Almost done, just a little bit more material to remove and a little more smoothing. I wanted to get some opinions on grinding down the fuel injector bosses. I know this topic has been discussed before and I am trying something a little different. It seems that the 2 middle intake runners (3 and 4) have the most amount of material around the injectors, followed by runners 2 and 5 which are slightly tapered. Runners 1 and 6 almost have about 1/8'' material, the least restricted runners. I wanted to keep the ratio of the flow the same as factory, but with a little more room to breathe. I ground runners 3 and 4 to the size of 2 and 5. Ground runners 2 and 5 to the size of 1 and 6, then removed only a little bit from 1 and 6...make sense? Here are some pics.
DSC03187.JPG
DSC03188.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Here's how mine ended up:
omegatron
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by omegatron »

Looks good! I guess I still need to grind down the injector bosses and clean it up a little. Thanks for the help.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Those carbide bits are worth the $10-15 per bit(I got a 3-piece kit, but have seen someone else w/ a 4-piece).