97 block, 0630 head into a 2000 XJ

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
live24wheel
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

97 block, 0630 head into a 2000 XJ

Post by live24wheel »

Ok, from the little I have been able to find I assume the accessory brackets are different between a 97 XJ and a 2000 XJ. The specific one I have read is the idler pully bolts to a boss on the 0331 head. The head I got for my stroker build is a 96, 0630 and this will be bolted to the 97 block. Please forgive me as im not home and won't be for almost a month to look at it. I will be using the intake manifold off my 2000 motor. What brackets will I need to source to make this all go together? Im really not interested in drilling a hole into the head like I read a couple guys have done for the idler pulley.

So to sum it up, doner is a 97 xj motor, basically, going into a running 2000 xj. I will be able to use any of the brackets and what not I need off the 2000. Just need to know what else I will be needing.

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. I would just look at it and figure it out on my own but being a OTR driver I am gone for a month and only get 4 days home, so I have to order almost everything I need so it is on hand when I get home.

Tom