Need list of what all to pull

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
salgofnir
Vehicle Year: 1981
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: scrambler

Need list of what all to pull

Post by salgofnir »

Got a call, guy has a 95 xj he wants to part out. I have been looking and could not find a complete list of what to pull to put this on my 4.2. Going to hold off on the head for now. So, what is a complete list including sensors etc of what I should pull off this thing to make a complete MPI system.?

Blessing,
Bob
YJason
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Re: Need list of what all to pull

Post by YJason »

pull the complete harness including the PDC. Cut the wires at the firewall that go into the cab under the throttle linkage. You'll need to pull the temp sensor out of the thermostat housing and possibly the housing, O2 sensor, CPS from the bellhousing, the distributor, coil, altenator and bracket?, throttle cable?.

Are you planning on buying a CPS relocation kit? If not your going to need a flywheel/flex plate with the tone ring so you can drill and make a CPS bracket in the bellhousing.

Thats all I can think of.
salgofnir

Post by salgofnir »

Since the Scrambler has a longer wheel base than a Wrangler, I was thinking of using a 700r4. If I did this I assume I would have to use a relocation kit.
YJason
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by YJason »

I'm planning on using a 700r4 some day to replace my AW4 in my YJ. I'm planning on buying the AA adapter and drilling and fab'ing a bracket to mount the CPS thru the 700's bellhousing. I don't like the CPS being down low where it can get dirty/muddy plus the kit is $$$. There are a couple write ups on the web showing how to do it, I just can't find the links right now.
salgofnir

Post by salgofnir »

If you happen to come across the write up let me know.

Here is a write up I had.

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/ ... /index.asp