Building a stroker Need help Lots of it !!!!

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
aaautolocksmith
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: YJ

Building a stroker Need help Lots of it !!!!

Post by aaautolocksmith »

Ok i did a lot of reading and i am trying to follow all the info :o
Ok ill tell you what i have and i will see what you all think would be best. I have a 1993 YJ 4.0 2.5 exhaust no cat and flowmaster with a dump will get a new header. lifted on 35 14.5 15 boggers. 4.10 gears i have 2 new dana 44 rears with air lockers and 5.13 gears
I have a 1989 YJ complete Has a rod threw the block so i was going to use the crank and whatever rods i can
i also have a complete 4.0 out of a 2005 85K miles on it.
So what i am asking, what is the best way $$ wise to build a stroker. I am going to say what no one else is i dont care what MPG i get I dont mind if i run 89 or 93 Gas. I want power and dont care what gas or MPG i get. i run this jeep in the mud and water to the windshield. I wanted to use the 05 block and the parts from the 89 so i can keep beatting the jeep in the mean time. Thank you all for your help. O and i would like to change the cam would like the jeep to sound bad ass. sorry if this is kind of a run on i have not taken my afternoon dose of adderall. H CP is cool with me i just dont want to have to run race gas is all. Any help will be great. Ps i will have my wife proof read this so it makes more sense thank you again Tim

Ps. I have access to almost any part i could want stock chevy ford honda u name it i can grab any part from whatever motor that one of you may think will help. uncle owns a wrecking yard. Any help would be great what valves do i need in the 4.0 head chevy ones from what motor or what size ? Thank you very much i cant wait to get the parts to the machine shop and get this project rolling. My jeep is hunter green going to scuff the thing down and paint it Drab military green and the fenders rino liner and a strip on the hard top so wont slip when hung up hooking strap up. I am very sorry for the run on i am norm. better when i am medicated :doh:
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Re: Building a stroker Need help Lots of it !!!!

Post by Plechtan »

Look in the FAQ section and review the Block FAQ as well as the recipies. the 2005 block is very different then the pre 2000 blocks. The good news ids that the 2005 block could probably could probably be safely bored to 4"

You don't say what your budget is, generally more hp=more dollars.
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

Since you don't have all the rods from that 258 block, I suggest you just use the crank from that engine and use the 4.0L rods from the '05 block together with Keith-Black KB944 forged pistons (you could go KB945 if you want a ~10.5:1 compression). Everything else will depend on your budget.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
aaautolocksmith
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: YJ

Post by aaautolocksmith »

Cheromaniac wrote:Since you don't have all the rods from that 258 block, I suggest you just use the crank from that engine and use the 4.0L rods from the '05 block together with Keith-Black KB944 forged pistons (you could go KB945 if you want a ~10.5:1 compression). Everything else will depend on your budget.

I will have to see what the pistons will cost me and i am trying to build it as cheap as possible. i mean i will get a new can gaskets inj. and whatever bearings i will need of course, but i am trying to keep the cost down i plan to make up for it buying all the 93 octane gas in the area LOL. Do you think i will be able to run the motor with 91 or 93 octane fuel i'm in NJ and i really only use the jeep on the weekends trailer it to a friends then it is off to the mud. But i still like to take the top off and drive to the shore maybe once or twice max in the summer ? ill look in the fax department like other guy suggested. Ps in your opinion is the long rod better and why ?