power windows

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
billy_bob
Learning to use the board
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

power windows

Post by billy_bob »

I just got some doors from a 90 cherokee with automatic door locks and windows. I installed them on my 94 cherokee which had niether. has anyone done this converstion before and have tips or a good plan to hook them up
90 block, 94 7120 head and rods, IC944 .060 21cc, comp 68-239-4 and of course the 258 crank. my first full build and i did pretty damn good
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: power windows

Post by Muad'Dib »

Im in the process of doing this on my 90.

Do you have a FSM? You will need one so you can get the schemetics so you can do all the wiring. If you happen to have been able to grab all the wiring, then you should be set.

I cut all the wires and left a foot or so for me to work with.. then i was going to run all new wiring to all four doors.

Another option if your a little intimidated by all the wiring (i kinda am only because of the amount of time it will take)... would be to take it to a local car audio place and tell them what you want. I am considering this option again (i had them run a power door lock wire to my hatch when i added power door locks). I will defintely install all the window stuff.. just have them do the wiring.

Either option is good though.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Post by amcinstaller »

i did this on my corsica (but i worked at a local car audio/auto electrical and a/c shop for 5 years). what i did was pull ALL the doors (corsica to corsica) and switches, and rewired them up to the new car. on a jeep though, seems to me the switches are all in the drivers door. which means that you need to run from the drivers door, not including speakers, 2 or 3 wires to each passenger door, and two to each rear door for locks, and probly 4 to each front door for the lock motors and switches. then depending on the lock system, probly just wire a quick 5 wire module (check bulldog security for a diagram) and youre off to the races. it sounds like alot of work, and it is, but take it slow, one function at a time and its entirely doable by pretty much anyone. pm me or reply here if you need any help at all, ill be happy to help with what i can.
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

i got the windows working, but didnt get as far with the door locks. you were saying that that i needed a module for them?
90 block, 94 7120 head and rods, IC944 .060 21cc, comp 68-239-4 and of course the 258 crank. my first full build and i did pretty damn good
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

you can set up the relays with a pair of relays. ill search for a good diagram or draw one on paint. maybe in the morning, or tomorrow afternoon, its late here and my younging is sleeping on my chest now :D
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

Im bringing this post back, since my strokers almost done and I can drive my jeep again. I was wondering about those relay pairs amcinstaller was talken about for the power locks. Their fully auto doors off a 91 jeep cherokee that went on to a 94 fully manuel doors. I got the windows going no problem.
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

ill post a diagram when i get home from work, busy day today though. :banghead:
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

well, i got lazy after a really long day. heres the diagram i snagged off the internet. exactly how i build mine, could also use this to run window motors, or anything that might need to run two different ways.

you only need one set of relays, and all switches and motors/solenoids will be wired in parallel (daisy chained) off of the same wires (inputs/outputs). also worth noting, you cant blow things up by pushing both buttons at once because both output wires will switch to power, and the motors will simply not function.

sorry for the huge delay on the diagram, i just realized i owed you this ages ogo :doh:
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

naw its cool... since my jeeps motor went out, for the past few months i havent seen the need to mess with the lockes. thanx for the diagream, finally i will have electric locks, windows, and smokers windows all in one. perfect!