Help Me Get back to 9:1

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Danegerous
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Help Me Get back to 9:1

Post by Danegerous »

I am looking into buying a stroker that someone else began building. The thing has never been driven even though it's mostly complete. What happened was he took the 03+ block to a machine shop and instead of decking it to .020" (which is what he wanted for a turbo compression for a trail-only rig), they decked it to .035". For me, this is pretty close to the .030" I was looking to go with my block. Well, the price that I can get this block for ($250, even with all of the machine work already done: bored .030, decked .035", hot tanked, line honed, new cam bearings) is half the price of the machine work alone. So, I don't feel the risk/less-than-perfect starting point is unworthy of the price.

The question I have is, what do I need to do to get this to a compression of 9:1? Based on my calculations, the quench height will be at .058". Can I just get the pistons dished to correct the mishap? If so, what will I have them dished to?

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, so please let me know if A) this will even work B) if it's a smart move to take the deal and C) if there is some other way I can fix this thing up.
Danegerous

Re: Help Me Get back to 9:1

Post by Danegerous »

EDIT: I'm sorry, I didn't see the calculator up top. Based on that, with a 4.7L, I can dish out the pistons 21cc and up at 9.05:1 compression ratio. If you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Get oleshot here to dish em for you.
Danegerous

Post by Danegerous »

He'll do it for me? Where'she located out of?
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

Here is his profile...

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/membe ... ofile&u=95

It appears he is in Chicago..

He does great work and is very reasonable.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!