How many miles on your stroker?

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

How many miles on your stroker?

Post by dwg86 »

I'm just curious...for those that have completed thier stokers, how many miles do you have on your engine? Any problems since on the road, or trail? Anything you would do different?
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: How many miles on your stroker?

Post by gradon »

I installed my stroker in May 08. The odo reads 20K more(but it's clocking faster since I am running the auto 3.55s and 27" tires on the stock speedo gear. 60mph on speedo=57mph). Shortly after, I destroyed the 3mo old magnaflow cat when I installed the 25.5# lt1s. I blew out the borla muffler when the cps started to go bad and let a cycle or two of unburnt gas get through and then decided it wanted to fire again, so it has a magnaflow replacement now. The fuel pump went the other day so I replaced it w/ a 255lph walbro. The big DW has landed so I'm gonna replace all the bushings in the front end(ironman adjustable control arms might be the way to go). Basically either typical Jeep issues or end user errors(gotta learn somehow, right?). If I used the 4.2 rods again, Instead of decking .030", I would deck .042" to get the zero deck. I would also use the .044" HG instead of the .051", and then dish the pistons to get a 8.4dcr instead of 8.57. But I wouldn't use the 4.2s again(not that there's anything wrong with them--I just like being on the edge)--I would use the eagle 6.150s and some custom forged pistons w/ a 1.38" pin height(kinda like what I'm doing in my brother's build, but less dish, since I like NA). Let's see, I would use the small snout 4-weight crank(I traded a 12-weight for a long snout 4-weight in mine). I would use the yella terras 1.6s and still keep the mopar 30(I love this cam). I would modify the Borla collector to 2.5" and have 2.5" the whole way back(right now it's 2.25" until the 2.5" magnaflow muffler). Regardless, I would spend another $3k to build another stroker instead of putting a 350 in there.
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: How many miles on your stroker?

Post by seanyb505 »

Ive got about 6k on mine. Differently - not buy already dished pistons so I could have a little bit of flexibility. I bought them dished to 30cc, I would have gone lower to raise the compression a bit. I also would have built the bottom end myself, for peace of mind. Lastly I would not wait as long to install and start the engine after it was completed. It sat for about a month or so before I got around to starting it for the first time.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4