Stroker 0-100 video

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
jeepinwi
Learning to use the board
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L

Stroker 0-100 video

Post by jeepinwi »

I think the title says it all. The tires broke loose in 1st gear a little, and the 2-3 shift wasn't real smooth. Anyways, here it is for your viewing pleasure. :D
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/ ... ration.flv
I'm still exploring the limits of the engine, even at 23k miles. I just recently replaced the head gasket and got the timing corrected, both of which made a noticeable increase in power. With a Crane 753905 cam and stock valve springs, I'm still unsure what the safe rpm limit is for the engine. Judging by the video, it's at least 4750 rpm's.
99 Cherokee SE - 2 door, 4x4, 4.6L stroker, 5 speed, 8.25 rear, 60mm TB, stock exhaust
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: Stroker 0-100 video

Post by Flash »

Vary nice.... Even better then you 0 to 70

so the crane cam is still in there.......23,000 :cheers: look like the stock valve spring are holding up!!!!!!

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
jeepinwi

Post by jeepinwi »

Flash wrote: so the crane cam is still in there.......23,000 :cheers: look like the stock valve spring are holding up!!!!!!

Flash
That's what I'm thinking. Hopefully, with the stock springs and the right oil, the Crane cam will last a long time!

I think if I held each gear until 5k rpm's, I could drop a decent amout of time off the acceleration.
Last edited by jeepinwi on March 15th, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 Cherokee SE - 2 door, 4x4, 4.6L stroker, 5 speed, 8.25 rear, 60mm TB, stock exhaust
jeepinwi

Post by jeepinwi »

For a comparison, Here's a video of my XJ when it had the stock 4.0.
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/ ... ion001.flv

The stroker is about 3 seconds faster to 80 mph.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Nice--roughly 7 secs to 60 and 19 to 100(we know you can do better: 6&17, lol). How much does your xj weigh and what tires are you running? I'm sure I've read about yours already, but sometimes it all blends together. It looks like you had a nice port job--did you do it(dimensions, tips)?
jeepinwi

Post by jeepinwi »

gradon wrote:Nice--roughly 7 secs to 60 and 19 to 100(we know you can do better: 6&17, lol). How much does your xj weigh and what tires are you running? I'm sure I've read about yours already, but sometimes it all blends together. It looks like you had a nice port job--did you do it(dimensions, tips)?
Hmmm, I'm not sure what my XJ weighs. It is an SE model, 2 door, power nothing, so it should be one of the lighter models made. I'm running 225/70/15 General Altimax tires. I ported the head myself, and am very happy with the results. I had a complete valve job done, new valve seals, and had .010" shaved from the head. I ran the head on my 4.0 for about 80 miles before swapping in the stroker and could feel a noticeable difference from the stock head. As for the specs, I basically followed Dino's webpage.

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/head.html

I put at least 25 hours into porting the head because I used a Dremel tool with a sanding wheel. It worked great for precision work, but was very slow. I would recommend using a die grinder to speed up the process.

Oh yeah, I'll have to make a few more attempts at getting down to that 6&17 second margin. I still plan to add a larger TB, lager exhaust and some type of FMU to tune the A/F ratio.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Yeah, once you get those mods and fmu you'll have those #'s for sure. I've known about Dino for about 2-years now so I know the knowledge that he contributes(and I still formulate my own opinions, even if it is just ego or 1-upmanship, lol). I'll keep in mind his suggestions when porting this head, but my CC will be polished. I swear that damn 2nd gasket that Borla supplied had me 2nd guessing as to what we could port the heads out to--I had to ask and prod for info, just to make sure. I have a 96 se 2dr 2wd w/ ax15, 3.55s, Auburn LSD, and 255/60/15s, so I'll be right with you on being on the lighter side of the XJ weight spectrum. I do need to get base numbers from my current setup, which to me seem close to what you just posted, so I might join one of my bros and his friend to drag his 240 and their(combined effort) ~300hp 88' 302 mustang that they just built(I think my post-stroker XJ will give them a run for their money), so maybe I can set up a camera to record it. They did just run their min-mod 2-dr 2wd ax15s (my old 92 and a 93 that I got my bro hooked up for $600 w/130K, both with cat-back exhausts) to low 17 quarter miles(probably in the 80mph region) as well as my bro's 240 and his friend's 93 no-turbo MR2. I sold my 92 XJ to my bro's friend for $500. I bought it for $2K with 142K and took it up to 277K. He's got it to 295K right now and it beat his MR2 by .2 sec. I almost sold my 94 block that I'm going to stroke for $300+ get that 92 block to my bro's friend but there was no way I could deny that block going to 300K (and it won't be by May) so I have to tear up my 94 block w/ 120k that I feel was stronger than my 96 is with the same mods(before I put the 3.55s in). Anyhow, I feel mine can do 60 in the high 6s and the 1/4 in the 15s(maybe I'm optimistic, but I have at least 230hp and 270 ft/lbs at the flywheel, prior to stroker). Oh yeah, I already have a die-grinder and the porting kit(and I do know that that hard 25hrs was worth it).