Custom Conversion Wiring Harness

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
radjeeper
Vehicle Year: 1978
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Waggy

Custom Conversion Wiring Harness

Post by radjeeper »

I am putting an '89 XJ 4.0 Renix engine stroked out to 4.6 w/ an HO head, 2001 up intake, and either the mid 90's or the 2001 and up throtle body (I have both), into an '89 YJ. I also have a '93 gas tank with intank pump. I have the '89 Wiring harness out of the XJ but it is not in good shape and doesn't mate up well. Does any one know of someone who makes custom wirning harness for such a conversion. What I would like is something to mate up cleanly with all my different parts. Please help. Thanks.
Bodo
Donator
Donator

Re: Custom Conversion Wiring Harness

Post by Bodo »

Check painless. They make an entire computer + wiring for our Jeeps.
radjeeper
Vehicle Year: 1978
Vehicle Model: Waggy

Post by radjeeper »

Thanks for the heads up on Painless (AKA Painfull). Used them before on a CJ-5 restoration and what a PITA. Not much of a time saver, some but not much. We are a custom Jeep shop and when it comes to wiring we can most often save the customer money through buying a harness versus modifying one. Today I found an outfit that makes Jeep conversion harnesses noted in Peterson's rag that just came today, http://www.hotwireauto.com. Anyone ever used them? I will contact them tomorrow and see what they can do for me.
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by seanyb505 »

I would look for a mid 90's harness from the junkyard. You'll be able to use the fuel pump and the mid 90s TB.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4