Clutch flywheel and cps matching

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
EFIeagle
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Clutch flywheel and cps matching

Post by EFIeagle »

I have a 91 ax15, with external slave bellhousing, that I am matching to a 4.2L slowly undergoing an efi conversion. I don't care that it's a 4.2 and not a 4.0, I just need to know some interchangibility.. The computer is from a '95 cherokee, and I'm going to mount the cps in the stock bellhousing location. do I need a 95 or same gen flywheel, or will the cps work with earlier flywheels? Also, are the clearances the same between different years of flywheels? I have a brand new clutch bolted the current 4.2 flywheel, but I'm going to purchase a kit because I need the correct pilot bushing and an alignment tool, neither of which can be found outside of kits. I know the kit must have the same gen pilot bushing as the trans itself, I just don't know if pressure plate bolt hole locations/diameters vary or not...
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Re: Clutch flywheel and cps matching

Post by amcinstaller »

match the flywheel to the same series of computer. so in your case, try to find a 95 flywheel. theres a year or two that have one set of notches offset and i dont remember which style it was.
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
EFIeagle
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Re: Clutch flywheel and cps matching

Post by EFIeagle »

amcinstaller wrote:match the flywheel to the same series of computer. so in your case, try to find a 95 flywheel. theres a year or two that have one set of notches offset and i dont remember which style it was.
will a 91 clutch kit work with a 95 flywheel?