Need Help on Last Details of Stroker Build

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
radjeeper
Vehicle Year: 1978
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Waggy

Need Help on Last Details of Stroker Build

Post by radjeeper »

I am doing a engine conversion in an '89 Wragler. It is going from a carburated 4.2 to an EFI 4.6 stroker. The parts I am using include the crank and rods from the 4.2, an '89 Cherokee 4.0 block bored .030 over, '89 Cherokee harness and PCM, later model light weight pistons, HO head and EFI intake, block shaved, CC cumbustion chambers, Comp. Cam, Dodge Neon #0280155703 injectors, HESCO adjustable fuel presure regulator, a '91 fuel tank with pump, ebay S.S. header, and ebay high flow air intake.

Leee at HESCO is saying I need TPS adapter and a thermostat housing that will take the coolant sensor. It looks to me that you can splice the wires from the '89 harness into the TPS wires for the HO which I have. Can I do that? Also if I have an '89 harness do I need the T-state housing with the 1/8" or 1/4" hole for the sensor. I looks as if you can drill and tap the existing housing?

Also, when CCing the combustion chambers what volume are we shooting for?

Thanks for the help.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Need Help on Last Details of Stroker Build

Post by Muad'Dib »

Your going to need to use the RENIX TPS. You can try to adapt it yourself.. but the easiest and best way to do it is to buy that expensive adapter.

As far as the temp sensor is concearned... you dont need one in the thermostat housing. You will still use the RENIX ones (for that matter you use all RENIX electronics). The one in the head for the gauge.. the one in the radiator for the electric fan, and the one in the block for the ECU.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!