95 XJ bulkhead connecor, need pinouts!

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
EFIeagle
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Eagle

95 XJ bulkhead connecor, need pinouts!

Post by EFIeagle »

I downloaded an FSM for a 95 XJ yesterday to try and decipher the firewall bulkhead connector, because I'd really like to get pinout information, and I found pinouts in it, but it does not say in wording what each one goes to, like it does for the PCM pinout. Basically, I've installed the 4.0 EFI system into my 83 4.2L eagle, and instead of cutting up the 95 XJ harness to very little of what it once was, I'd like to save the whole thing and wire it into my eagle, since I received it whole and in great shape, and everything on it is almost a direct swap. I found out the fuseblocks for the XJ and Eagle are identical, the Eagle of course has one or two less things connected in it, but they're built the same, and all the fuses and circuits are in the same locations on it.I know I will have to get the XJ standalone relays located in the engine bay, but I've got that figured out already. I'd like to plug the XJ harness in, and using pinout information, use the XJ bulkhead connector, and cut and connect the correct wires to the interior fuse block and the rest of the interior harness. This leaves options open later on, such as overhead console, six speaker sound system, electric locks, sending units for gauges etc and makes for a very clean (albeit intensive) swap. I would also either use XJ sensors/sending units in place of the AMC ones, or cut the connectors off and use the AMC connectors.

In an eggshell: Does anyone have the pinouts for the firewall connector? I've already found one for the Eagle, so this is the only piece of information I'm missing to do a really cool (if unorthodox) swap...
letitloose06
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: YJ

Re: 95 XJ bulkhead connecor, need pinouts!

Post by letitloose06 »

Here are the pinouts for the bulkhead connector from a 1994 FSM. I'm pretty sure they are the same as 95. Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1992 YJ - 4.0 L, AX-15, 4" RE Standard Lift, 33x12.5R15 Maxxis Big Horn Radials, 8.8 Rear, HP30 front, 4.10's, SYE and CV Driveshaft, Taurus Electric Fan, 136 A GC Alternator, RR HD Steering, JCR Off road Stage 2 Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper
EFIeagle
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Re: 95 XJ bulkhead connecor, need pinouts!

Post by EFIeagle »

YES! Exactly what I needed! Thanks a lot. I have a 95 FSM, but it doesn't list exactly where those wires go, just circuit codes.