Jeep4xb4u's taking forever 4.6

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
Jeep4xb4u
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: XJ 2dr
Vehicle Model: Sport

Re: Jeep4xb4u's taking forever 4.6

Post by Jeep4xb4u »

SilverXJ wrote:Are you sure the flow rating on those injectors is correct? It just doesn't make much sense to be at that low PSI and have such a rich afr. Are these new injectors?

As for the noise, now many miles on the engine now? Did you replace the exhaust while at it?
From what i have read they are rated at 24lb. Now, i never had them tested before installation but i assumed they were healthy. They came off of a mustang that had a KB blower installed at about the 8k mark.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it:

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... f=26&t=334

As for the miles, i currently don't have my speedo hooked up. But according to my calculations, as i have a very consistent driving pattern everyday, its around 600-700 now. Put a good amount of miles on it in the last few day running around. It still runs pretty strong, i know there is room to improve. Runs real cool, with both my electric fans manually turned on i can get it to hit about 160. It runs around 190 most of the time, and i have a 180* t-stat. oil pressure is a little lower then i would like to see at idle @ about 15 PSI. But i don't trust my dash gauge, it has been known to be 10-15 psi lower when compared to a mechanical. I actually just picked up a set of mechanicals for under the hood today. Valvetrain is audible but nothing alarming. And as for the exhaust, it has yet to be changed since the stroker. Stock manifold, currently no cat, 40 series Flowmaster dual outlet, both going up over the axle and exiting at the rear corners. Just burned through my third tank of 91 with no pining. It sounds real good when its cold and just seems to quite out a bit when at running temp. Im probrably just being anal, just wanted to know if this is normal or if anyones else has experienced the same thing.
88' XJ 2dr
4.0l / AW4 / NP231 / D35c
6.5" Long Arm Lift - 33x12.5's - 15x8 Mickey's

Currently working on 4.6l / D44 Swap
Jeep4xb4u
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: XJ 2dr
Vehicle Model: Sport

Re: Jeep4xb4u's taking forever 4.6

Post by Jeep4xb4u »

Anymore feedback?

Got my mechanical gauges installed under the hood. Now the oil pressure reads around 16 PSI @ idle and will jump up to around 30-35 PSI at any point above 1500 RPM. This is satisfying to say the least. My dash gauge is anywhere between 5-10 PSI off on the low side and its been freakin me out. Must have a small wiring gremlin as its a brand new sending unit.
88' XJ 2dr
4.0l / AW4 / NP231 / D35c
6.5" Long Arm Lift - 33x12.5's - 15x8 Mickey's

Currently working on 4.6l / D44 Swap