CustomEFI MPFI system?

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
eliv1
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"

CustomEFI MPFI system?

Post by eliv1 »

Hello all,

although I just finished my MPFI swap with junkyard parts off XJ/YJ, i came across this fully tuneable system from customEFI, it seems like a great product that could fit stroker's, since its fully programmable...

http://www.customefis.com/JEEPMPFI.html

what do you think?
88 CJ8, 4.5L Stroker ,P&P Head ,Compcam 68-231-4 cam , 4.0L Junkyard MPI , 99 Intake, Borla Header,2.5" Flowmaster + piping,Electric Fans;SUA 4" lift on 33" tires ;4.11's Dana 44 F&R LockRight , High Steer with CTM's ;OBA;Full Cage.
Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Re: CustomEFI MPFI system?

Post by Shark »

looks pretty cool. too bad it doesnt come with a 99+ intake. but good lord is it expensive.
'91 MJ 4.0 ax15 Resto-mod street truck project, stroker candidate
'93 XJ 2door 4.0 aw4 np231 7" lift 33's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 2" 31's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 np231 4" lift 31's RIP
Jeep-Power
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.3
Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: AMC/Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

Post by Jeep-Power »

tigerShark wrote:looks pretty cool. too bad it doesnt come with a 99+ intake. but good lord is it expensive.

Seriously-- that is expensive-- especially when all those parts can be pulled off a junk yard Jeep for a few hundred $$. The Junkyard harness can be used too-- or for a fraction of the cost, the Painless Wiring 4.0 harness is available.
Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Post by Shark »

painless makes a kit for the 4.0?
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

Check this out, I think it is based on a GM ECU http://4wheeldrivesportutility.automoti ... index.html
John
Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Post by Shark »

cool stuff. i could run a stroker in my model A if i didnt cost just as much for more power with a small block.
Jeep-Power
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.3
Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: AMC/Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

Post by Jeep-Power »

tigerShark wrote:painless makes a kit for the 4.0?

Yes, apparently, it includes their own computer...

Painless '91-98 kit
br258

Post by br258 »

I would stay far away from custom efis. Google that company and you will see all types of complaints about his customer service or lack thereof. I unfortunatley purchased his kit several years ago. It took him 9 months to deliver after he promised 7 weeks. That was just the beginning of a two year nightmare trying to have hime tune it correctly. I wound up having another company fix his tuning and it still has some weird drivability issues. Read all about it here http://www.northeastsurf.com/Custom%20E ... ection.htm There are other better kits out there for less.
Jeepinscott
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by Jeepinscott »

I have had the first Painless perfect hi-torque engine management system installed on my jeep for over a year now and can't tell you how happy i am with it. It is easy, clean, and the performance was out of this world. I never knew that the I6's could go like mine does. Going from speed density to MAF and being able to adjust everything with my laptop is an added bonus.
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by dwg86 »

Jeepinscott wrote:I have had the first Painless perfect hi-torque engine management system installed on my jeep for over a year now and can't tell you how happy i am with it. It is easy, clean, and the performance was out of this world. I never knew that the I6's could go like mine does. Going from speed density to MAF and being able to adjust everything with my laptop is an added bonus.

What year jeep, and what system are you using?
Jeepinscott
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by Jeepinscott »

I was mistaken, the painless perfect hi-torque is still speed density, but infinitely adjustable.

I have a 4.0 99 TJ, stock bottom end with 100k miles, a cam, roller rockers, banks header, mandrel bent exhaust w/ no cat, 7120 ported and polished, chevy valve springs and the late intake manifold.

This is the set up. 65141 part number. We did all the mechanical work first and it was impressive. When we installed the EMS it was amazing!

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webc ... ield=65141
EagleMark
Vehicle Year: 1973
Vehicle Make: IH
Vehicle Model: Scout

Post by EagleMark »

There are many ways to convert usueing a GM TBI system with a complete how to here.
http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/foru ... y.php?f=75
TBI on a Clifford intake works well and leaves you with a simple system. Chips are tunable here with a few bucks in equiptment and some time to learn.

I haven't looked into a way to use GM ECM for the MPFI injectors of the 4.0l engine yet but there are piggyback tuners that will wire into the 4.0L system and give ultimate tunability for under $200. This includes boost and nitrous controls as well.

EDIT: Looks like Customefis website is not his anymore and just a link website...

Does anyone know what ECM he used for the MPFI jeep engine?