Newb questions

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
dingo151
Making Progress
Making Progress

Newb questions

Post by dingo151 »

Thanks in advance fellas. Give me a critique if you can!

Ok, So I'm down to ordering my cam which I've chosen the Comp 68-231-4 and with my settings that gives me a 9.31 SCR and 8.15 DCR. I'm thinking this should let me run on pump gas? :huh:

In the calculator it lists the cam timing as advanced 4 degrees. What's the best way to set this, with offset keys or with a multiple keyway sprocket or does it matter? Also the Comp cam data lists the Intake opening as 4 degrees advanced is the 4 degree advance that's in the calculator built into the cam or are we advancing the cam timing 8 degrees? :frustrated:

From the board I've gleaned that I need to come up with a set of Mopar valve springs and I was wondering where the best place to get them is?

Thanks
Dean
"You'll bunk with private Joker. He's silly and he's ignorant but he's got GUTS and guts are enough!"
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Newb questions

Post by gradon »

I believe the advance is built in the cam so you'll still line up the two dots, but someone else with the same cam should chime in. Last I read, you can get the springs at advanced auto for $7, or have summit or jegs price match.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Newb questions

Post by SilverXJ »

Yes, the advanced is built into the cam. If you want you can degree it in, which I did. However it wasn't off for the need to advance or retard it. I just lined up the dots.