Crank Bearing Girdle

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
dingo151
Making Progress
Making Progress

Crank Bearing Girdle

Post by dingo151 »

Hey,

Does anyone have an outlet, other than Jeep for the crank bearing stiffener that was on the later 4.0's? Is it worth putting on? I was just thinking it would be a nice addition if it was available.

Thanks
Dean
"You'll bunk with private Joker. He's silly and he's ignorant but he's got GUTS and guts are enough!"
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Crank Bearing Girdle

Post by gradon »

I got one at the JY for $5.66(misc item price). Be sure to get the studs and nuts as well if you go that route or buy from someone. 96+ 4.0s have them.
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

dingo151 wrote:Hey,

Does anyone have an outlet, other than Jeep for the crank bearing stiffener that was on the later 4.0's? Is it worth putting on? I was just thinking it would be a nice addition if it was available.

Thanks
Dean

When I was over at Golen Engine having my block work done I was talking to Chad Golen and he said that if he has trouble getting it to fit he will leave them out, and has had zero problems without them in his engines, FWIW...
"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Plechtan »

I know a guy who is the same way, he will get done assembling somthing and have a whole bunch of parts left over, and he says " you don't need them anyway"
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Obviously they aren't necessary as 95 and olders didn't have them. I just figure with the additional torque and stroke that it would be better to help stiffen and reinforce the mains. It'll take roughly an hour to get it spaced correctly(with one or two washers) to clearance the rods on the downstroke and maybe a little banging on the oilpan(I've read that the 4.2 pan has more clearance, but haven't verified).
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

Plechtan wrote:I know a guy who is the same way, he will get done assembling somthing and have a whole bunch of parts left over, and he says " you don't need them anyway"
Not only do you not need them, they make your rig that much lighter without them... :roll: :lol:
"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire