How to add images to your posts

Check here before you check anywhere else!!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

How to add images to your posts

Post by Muad'Dib »

I noticed that some of you were slightly confused on how to use images within your post, so i figured i would make this post. This little write up is just making it as easy as possible, although there are many ways to do the same thing. I do also want to be clear that this is the preferred method to add images to your posts... attachments are more for files that your trying to share than images.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upload your image to a free image hosting place like TinyPic:

http://tinypic.com/

When you upload it, it gives you links to choose for posting. One of them will be called:

Code: Select all

IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards
It will have a link that has

[img][/img]
before and after it. Once you have this link provided to you, just copy the link to the clipboard (its more of a "virtual" clipboard) by highlighting the link and holding the "ctrl" key and pressing "C". Once you do so, you can paste the link into your post by holding the "ctrl" key again, and pressing "V" Just for for the sake of saying it, you now know how to "Copy and Paste". Your pasted link will look something like the link below:

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/rtqanr.jpg[/IMG]
This is the ideal way to post your images on this board...

Hope that helps.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
stroked'73
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1973
Vehicle Model: Wagoneer

Re: How to add images to your posts

Post by stroked'73 »

What's the ideal resolution to resize a pic to post in a topic? On tinypic, I see where you can choose different sizes and one option is "message board/640x480" - is this a good default one? I've never posted pics before so I want to make sure I do it right and not have my pics too big so the post loads slow. (I'm still old-school dialup! :D )

Thanks
1973 Jeep Wagoneer - 4.6L basic stroker, Q-jet/Offy dualport, Comp 68-231, .043" HG, 9.79 scr/8.56 dcr, crappy quench
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

I personally leave resize on default. However since your on dialup, you may find a smaller resolution better (640x480 should be fine) so it wont take so long to load each time you view that thread you posted the image in.

You may want to also take a look at the following thread:

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=2&t=470

You can change the amount of posts that you see per thread. Since your on dialup, you may find a lower setting more enjoyable especially in topics that have a lot of pictures.

Hope that helps.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
stroked'73
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1973
Vehicle Model: Wagoneer

Post by stroked'73 »

Yes - Thank you!
1973 Jeep Wagoneer - 4.6L basic stroker, Q-jet/Offy dualport, Comp 68-231, .043" HG, 9.79 scr/8.56 dcr, crappy quench