ATk's Stroker Idleing at 4000rpm's Help!

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Russ_93yj
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: ATk's Stroker Idleing at 4000rpm's Help!

Post by Russ_93yj »

:banana: Yes!! That was it! Pounded out #5 torqued on the intake and now I have a nice idle around 700 rpm's. I never would have guessed that after speaking with Borla's head of sales to make sure I purchase the right header for this application. I can't thank you guys enough for the help and money you help me saved by taking it to a shop. A little more work and I should be well on my way to the nearest trail.
:worship:
1bolt
Donator
Donator

Post by 1bolt »

Gradon gets the credit here, I didn't catch the Borla on 99+ until he pointed it out.

The Borla person in all likelihood just ran his finger down a matrix that said 93 YJ and gave you a part number. Even if you mentioned the intake from a 99 is very unlikely the guy would have either notes or experience with it, hell up to a year or two ago I didn't know a Borla long tube wouldn't fit with the 99+ without working the #5 primary and/or the intake.

Most people like most mechanics just assume things DON'T work between years, Jeepers are odd this way, myself included... We have all those common engine types and interchangable parts and we're used to seeing them mixed between models and years.
--
Simon
Looking for a 232 crankshaft see my want ad: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1292
http://www.jeepstrokers.com 94 XJ Stroked lifted locked. 89 MJ restored Work truck, 88 YJ going on third build up and second Stroker.
yuppiexj
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.5 needs assembly

Post by yuppiexj »

1bolt wrote:Most people like most mechanics just assume things DON'T work between years, Jeepers are odd this way, myself included... We have all those common engine types and interchangable parts and we're used to seeing them mixed between models and years.
Agreed. my 94 XJ has a 89 front axle (with the replaceable caliper mounts that bolt to the knuckles vs. cast into the knuckles), a 99 engine and an 88 transmission/95 transfer case.
When I buy parts I order by part number alone and don't let the trained counter monkey look anything up.

/end thread hijack.

I'm glad this was a relatively simple cause/fix.
TurboTom wrote:i will eat my words later if need be.
TurboTom wrote: Not sure of your rules...but you need to start with an engine that works best for the rules and cheat from there!
Proud owner of many stroker parts, that have not yet spontaneously assembled themselves.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Nice