rolling idle?

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
H.M.X
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L

rolling idle?

Post by H.M.X »

Ever since I got my stroker running a few weeks ago, it's had a problem with a rolling idle until it warms up. Once it warms up, the idle smooths out just fine. I've checked all over for vacuum leaks and haven't found a thing, I even replaced my idle air control valve and still get the rolling idle. any idea what could be causing it?

thanks,
dan
1bolt
Donator
Donator

Re: rolling idle?

Post by 1bolt »

without more info I'd guess maybe the MAP sensor, or maybe a faulty IAT if your engine is going lean and rich in warm up mode those two sensors are worth looking at.

Did you put in bigger injectors? What's your A/F ratio like? Even a normal narrow band Autometer will tell you some useful info if you get used to how to read it (averaging the range of swings you see)

What cam did you use? Some of the Cams available to us are really more suited to the Carbureted 4.2 than fuel injection.
--
Simon
Looking for a 232 crankshaft see my want ad: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1292
http://www.jeepstrokers.com 94 XJ Stroked lifted locked. 89 MJ restored Work truck, 88 YJ going on third build up and second Stroker.
H.M.X
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L

Re: rolling idle?

Post by H.M.X »

it's the Crane 753905 camshaft, and yes, I installed 24-pound injectors. No, I haven't checked my A/F ratio, though I do have a vacuum gauge - IIRC, when it starts to choke itself up, of course, the vacuum starts to dip and fluctuate around 10-15 inches. When it corrects itself and overrevs, of course, the vacuum increases to 20-25 inches before settling into a normal idle of around 15 inches.

thanks,
dan