confused on swapology

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
shawnxj
I love this board
I love this board
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

confused on swapology

Post by shawnxj »

ok i've heard some 4.0 heads won't work on some 4.0 blocks and some intakes and exhaust manifolds won't mate up right to fit on any other head then the 1 they came with. somebody school me please cause all i can find is heresay. so basically i just made a deal on a renix block but want to know what heads will fit on it and what intakes and exhausts will fit on that head
yuppiexj
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.5 needs assembly

Re: confused on swapology

Post by yuppiexj »

All 4.0 heads will bolt to all 4.0 blocks.

Renix heads need Renix intake and exhaust manifolds. (the HO exhaust will physically bolt to a renix head but the lack of EGR is a big stumbling block).
The HO heads can have any year HO intakes (get the 99+ model it's gooder) The exhaust ports in the later years are smaller (higher velocity, faster Cat light-off, better torque) they need to match.

The Renix blocks are allegedly stronger due to higher nickel content.

I'd use a Renix block (they are cheaper to get usually free),7120 head (decent flow out of the box), and 1999+ intake manifold (broadens torque curve).
TurboTom wrote:i will eat my words later if need be.
TurboTom wrote: Not sure of your rules...but you need to start with an engine that works best for the rules and cheat from there!
Proud owner of many stroker parts, that have not yet spontaneously assembled themselves.
shawnxj
I love this board
I love this board
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Re: confused on swapology

Post by shawnxj »

thanks for the info