"Save" button madness

Check here for most things forum related... NOT stroker related!
mecompco
Noob
Noob

"Save" button madness

Post by mecompco »

Is there a purpose to the "Save" button, other than to save a "draft" which (unless I'm missing something, which is certainly a possibility) can never be recalled. It is just so intuitive to click Save that I've already lost several posts (including this one) having hit Save instead of Submit by mistake.

Now that my complaint is out of the way, I do love the forum--thanks for all the hard work in getting it up. I've added a forum link to my sig on NAXJA, as well as our local club site midcoastjeep.com.

Regards,
Michael
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: "Save" button madness

Post by Muad'Dib »

Thats all its there for. Just to save it for later basically. Say your typing a post, and its going to be a big one for example. You start writing it and realise you don't have all the info you need, or its a write-up and you don't want to post it till your finished but at least want to get started on it for now.. then you can "Save" it.

When you hit save however, and you do it by accident .. it asks you if your sure you want to save it. You can easily press "No" and it will take you back to the post you were about to submit.

Once you save a post, you can easily retrieve it, and continue to post it / change it. In your "User Control Panel" (link at top left under "Homepage"), you have an "Overview" tab. In this tab, you have a section called "Manage Drafts". Under this section, you can "load" the saved post aka "Draft" for posting. You can also "Edit" this post without loading it... so if your going to make changes to it or add more information to it you can do so without actually "loading" it. You can also delete saved posts if you no longer need them etc..

I hope that helps.

Also dont forget that most of the board features are explained in the "FAQ" section that you can access via the header bar at the top right hand side currently next to "Stroker Calculator".
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
1bolt
Donator
Donator

Post by 1bolt »

And BTW I am totally enjoying the save draft feature. Very few Forums I read have this feature... I've used it four or five times already.

When you have a baby girl and a full grown girl (er, Wife that is) it comes in very handy.
--
Simon
Looking for a 232 crankshaft see my want ad: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1292
http://www.jeepstrokers.com 94 XJ Stroked lifted locked. 89 MJ restored Work truck, 88 YJ going on third build up and second Stroker.
mecompco
Noob
Noob

Post by mecompco »

Ah, see, I WAS stupidly missing something, and I read thru the FAQ as well. That is a pretty good feature, now that I know drafts can actually be retrieved LOL! I spend most of my time on JeepForum, NAXJA and our local club site and my mouse finger is just pre-programmed to click on the "save" button. :mrgreen:
Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Post by Shark »

:smack: YEAH, READ THE FAQ! :doh:

just kidding.
'91 MJ 4.0 ax15 Resto-mod street truck project, stroker candidate
'93 XJ 2door 4.0 aw4 np231 7" lift 33's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 2" 31's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 np231 4" lift 31's RIP