Need some CPS info

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Need some CPS info

Post by Plechtan »

I was talking to Haltec about using one of their "Interceptor" units on a Jeep. It is kind of like a programable Map sensor, but it also can change ignition timing. You cut the wires from the CPS and the Map sensor and splice the unit in. You can then program new timing and fuel corrections with your laptop.

They wanted to know the Construction of the trigger wheel for the CPS. I believe on the ODB 1 and 2 you have 4 slots for each cylinder, the slots are 10 deg in width and then have a solid piece for another 10 deg. so 20 deg from the start of the first slot to the start of the second slot, same pattern for slots 2,3,4 than a 2 slot space ( 40 deg) until the start of the next cylinder. They were also looking for a relaionship to of the slots to TDC.

On the Renix you have 20 slots per cylinder, then a space. it would make sense for the space to be 4 teeth wide ( 72 tooth wheel) but i need sombody who has a flywheel lying around to measure the space and see how many teeth it is equivelent to. I was also looking for the relationship to TDC. I have attached some paged from the shop manual for reference.
XJ trigger wheel ODB2.pdf
Renix_Fuel_Injection trigger.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Need some CPS info

Post by Muad'Dib »

I have a renix flywheel in my garage at home... ill measure it tonight when i get off work.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!