Performance lifters for stroker?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
crustodd
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Performance lifters for stroker?

Post by crustodd »

Does you guys have a preference for lifters for these engines? I know that is the common area of failure and it's because of the oil, but are there some that are better than others?

Thanks
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Re: Performance lifters for stroker?

Post by John »

Lifter quality can become a major part of this failure also. Do some checking for lifters that provide additional oil to the camshaft surface.
John
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by seanyb505 »

Search camsaver lifters on the summit website. If you buy them go to crower and save around $20 or so. They have a small flat plane machined into the side, which supposedly gets more oil to the cam lobe. I have them installed and running and I can only say the cam hasnt failed in the first 3000 miles. You get what you pay for, dont cheap out on lifters. The $3 a piece lifters probly arent a good idea.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by dwg86 »

Make sure you buy lifters MADE IN USA!
crustodd
Donator
Donator

Post by crustodd »

Thanks so far peoples. This is kinda becoming a "spare no expense" build as I've done mods before about two years ago and instead of going all the way and doin it right I'm doin it a second time :doh: I NEED GOOD PARTS! I'll suck it up and buy the good stuff, I just need help from those of you who have tested and found the correct mix.

Thanks again,
T~
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by seanyb505 »

Yeah cheap insurance adds up quickly. I ended up spending near 4000 just so I would know the engine would be reliable.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
crustodd
Donator
Donator

Post by crustodd »

Hey Sean,
Yeah, that's about where I figure this'll end up. But, that'll include the UniChip! So it should be PRETTY MEATY :banana: SMOKE THEM 31's :hrhr:
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

crustodd wrote:Thanks so far peoples. This is kinda becoming a "spare no expense" build as I've done mods before about two years ago and instead of going all the way and doin it right I'm doin it a second time :doh: I NEED GOOD PARTS! I'll suck it up and buy the good stuff, I just need help from those of you who have tested and found the correct mix.

Thanks again,
T~

TRUST me it adds up quick. I had the same mentality, top quality parts for the extra dime. My build cost near $5k not including custom exhaust. I did everything from a CF stage 2 clutch, to roller rockers, to double roller timing chain. I think the only thing i cheaped out on was the cork valve cover gasket (which i'll be kicking myself for when it starts leaking).
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)