06 LJ Randy Rebuild

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
Randy Bobandi
Making Progress
Making Progress

Re: 06 LJ Randy Rebuild

Post by Randy Bobandi »

Finished welding the valve cover bungs, as well as the intake manifold heat shield bosses.

Valve cover has one -16 ORB oil fill, one -10 ORB to -10 AN breather and one 1/8 NPT crankcase pressure sensor.

Intake manifold has 4, 1/4"-20 aluminum weld nuts to fasten the .018" 304 stainless heat shield. The heat shield will eventually be trimmed to fit the primaries. I also drilled and tapped a couple NPT ports into the manifold.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy Bobandi
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Randy Bobandi »

Custom fuel hat is finished. Just have to fit the 525 ""Hellcat" pump and it'll be good to go. The hat features a -10 AN supply, -8 AN return, 4 wire bulkhead, and a rollover bulkhead to -6 AN that will tee into the factory vapor lines. It's the exact dimensions of the OE hat to fit the OE module, fit the OE lock ring and take the OE O-ring tank seal. This is a good setup especially off-road. The OE module contains what they call a "swirl pot". The swirl pot is basically a surge tank. In the OE configuration, the swirl pot is fed by the in-module regulator through a barbed fitting. Excess fuel is released by the regulator, straight to the swirl pot which keeps the pump constantly flooded by fuel in any situation. With this fabricated hat, the regulator in the engine bay releases fuel back to the -8 fitting, directly into the same barbed fitting. All functions of the OE module will be unchanged, even the fuel level sending unit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy Bobandi
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Randy Bobandi »

Picked up the transmission today. AW4/A340 from a 2000 Cherokee with 160 K Mi. Got it cleaned up and I'm about to tear into it. Converter is headed off to Import Performance Transmissions in Hawthorne, NJ for some fin brazing and 3000 stall.

I'm having trouble finding the Raybestos Red Clutches. Part No. RCPS-45 is what I need and they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

They guy I get all my cores, used and hard to find Jeep parts is local to me. He has a well organized inventory and he gets parts shipped out fast. So a vendor to keep in mind when looking for OE parts is Rich @ Only Jeep Parts. You can find his inventory on Ebay and Car-Part. He's not lazy and out of shape where it takes 2 weeks to ship out a damn clockspring like most vendors.

http://www.onlyjeepparts.com/home.html
https://www.ebay.com/str/onlyjeepparts
tm1.jpg