Sickened

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Bubby
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wj

Sickened

Post by Bubby »

Fresh built 4.6. 20 minute breakin with in 40 minutes the oil pressure dropped to 11 psi. At idle.The stroker kit was bought from a well respected jeepstroker man. Engine built by a well established race engine builder. The crank that was sent was so undersized that different size rod bearings needed to be used and still ended up with a .0022/.0023 clearance. The mains that were sent was used but was left with a .0027/.0028 clearance. Melling 81 oil pump.
I broke it in with 10w30 as reccomended. The builder gave me some brad pen 10w40 but losses pressure at hot idle still. I really believe im losing pressure from the bearings. Were else?
I didnt have an oil pressure drop b4 the build. 6k is alot of money for large clearances and oil pressure drops.
Thanks
TR1Hemi
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Sickened

Post by TR1Hemi »

What do cam bearings #2 and #3 look like?
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Sickened

Post by Cheromaniac »

Your bearing clearances are excessive and you already know that so there are two possible solutions. One is to have the existing crank reground to the maximum rod & main bearing undersize available (0.030") and use matching bearings that provide the correct clearances. The other is to get a new crank.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Current ride