Jeep Cherokee XJ SRT6 Build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
KarmaKannon1
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Jeep Cherokee XJ SRT6 Build

Post by KarmaKannon1 »

Very nice! What turbo did you use and why? Sorry if that's a weird question, but I'm a noob to turbos and would just like to hear reasoning behind your decision. Also do you sell the manifolds? I'm a fabricator and I've made headers before so it's probably the easier part of a turbo build for me to grasp, but still if I could source a turbo manifold it would be easier.
Cummins90
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1996

Post by Cummins90 »

The turbo is a 53mm 60 trim. It was selected not only for packaging dimensions but also because on a stock 4.0 it can supply 20psi just shy of 68% efficiency moving 700cfms.

I have multiples of the turbo, manifold, downpipe and plumbing. PM me.
Tolemar
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Tolemar »

Really like your setup any updates to tuning with the hp tuner? Any customer feedback on your new manifold? How much boost you making without detonation?
Cummins90

Post by Cummins90 »

Tolemar wrote: July 24th, 2020, 9:59 am Really like your setup any updates to tuning with the hp tuner? Any customer feedback on your new manifold? How much boost you making without detonation?
Thanks im not a vendor here so im not sure how far I can comment on sales feel free to PM if you have unanswered questions. I am hung up on getting my wideband serial data into HP tuners. In the mean time I am making a parallel standalone harness that should be able to work with the obd1 years and obd2. Obd2 years I will be able to make pnp. Possibly obd1 as well.

I ran 15 psi daily on my 96 with an AEM FIC. It should have been a factory option.
Tolemar
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Tolemar »

Yea I noticed with the hp tuners the factory timing is extremely conservative. 15psi is impressive. Is that intercooled boost? Probably close to doubling the factory hp. I’ve pegged a 15 pound gauge with my whipple supercharged Chevy truck. Had to run av gas to keep the detonation at bay. Easily doubled the hp of the factory 210hp smallblock. Broke a ring land racing my buddies Vette and could hear a price of the top of the piston bounce out my exhaust lol. Later built a 355 with better heads, forged piston, wider ring gaps that could handle the boost. As far as serial for the ho tuner there is a way to foot I’m sure but just haven’t figured it out yet either. Still playing around with it learning how to use it. Wish I could run a turbo on my stroke for that extra power but I built it with 10.25 compression and it’s a bit high unless I run e85.
Cummins90

Post by Cummins90 »

I run a good size intercooler and try to keep as much heat from getting back in the air charge. I regulate my boost pressure with a manual boost controller. The wastegate is 7~8 without a regulator. I run 93 and keep the afr right at 11.5. Timing is already conservative but the extra insurance of pulling more up top has worked out.
6sense
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Grand cher

Post by 6sense »

I was wondering what are your transmission temps?
6sense
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Grand cher

Post by 6sense »

I was wondering what are your transmission temps?
KarmaKannon1
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by KarmaKannon1 »

And even more importantly... How's it run? Is it strange that I want to see an in cab video.
Cummins90

Post by Cummins90 »

Its a test mule so right now its running on a speeduino and it runs well. I need to get out and tune it more. Ill pay more attention to the trans temp next time im out and let ya know. Ill get some in cab video, maybe some ricer fly by stuff as well.
KarmaKannon1
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by KarmaKannon1 »

Cummins90 wrote: August 12th, 2020, 5:46 pm Its a test mule so right now its running on a speeduino and it runs well. I need to get out and tune it more. Ill pay more attention to the trans temp next time im out and let ya know. Ill get some in cab video, maybe some ricer fly by stuff as well.
I can't wait to see the ricer fly by!
Cummins90

Post by Cummins90 »

I have slightly more free time these days and have been setting up the tuning side of this build. This standalone speeduino has been piggybacked onto one of my extension harnesses. It has full control over the coil and injectors while the JTEC handles the support systems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cummins90

Post by Cummins90 »

20200717_114007.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.