Stroker for Eagle

AMX's, Gremlins, Pacers, Ramblers, Eagles etc.
uncle-asa
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Stroker for Eagle

Post by uncle-asa »

My Eagle's engine is almost dead and I'm looking for options to get Eagle back to road. I don't want to spend lots of efforts to MPI conversion, etc., but rather looking for options to build good and reliable engine that will last at least 100k miles more since the car is no longer daily driver. Once I have to rebuild engine anyway I considering to buy good donor 4.0 engine and either build 4.0 or stroker. In either case I'll fresh-up donor engine, but I don't want to replace camshaft.
Also I want to keep V-belts design.
As far as I understand I will definitely need pan from my current engine.
- Should I need more power water pump and what is part number to look for if I will need it?
- What combination of rods/pistons to install if I want to be on budget and don't mind to pump it up with 91?
- What carb to install if go for stroker? I'm thinking about MC2150. Either way I want to replace current carb which is not original.
ranger3157
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 285cid
Vehicle Year: 1981
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Re: Stroker for Eagle

Post by ranger3157 »

Hello. I have a 81 Eagle, for more performance went with the Mopar MPI kit from Hesco. Amazing performance on the old 258 engine. Later built up 4.7L stroked engine. Amazing. Got to be double the HP of the old 4.2. There are throttle body conversions, maybe for less $, but the MPI is amazing. You can look me up on this forum to see pictures and my story. My Eagle looks stock, but it is not.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Stroker for Eagle

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Always good to hear another happy success story.

Doesn’t take much to wake up these little inline 6’s and with the right combination of parts and pieces could be done on virtually any budget.

Thanks for sharing your story.