7120 head Improvement

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
PredatorX

7120 head Improvement

Post by PredatorX »

I am new to this Jeep engine rebuild stuff and I hope everyone will be gentle. I am wanting to build a Jeep Stroker. Probably a 4.7. I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee block and it is stock as of right now and has had nothing done to it. I thought about the Edelbrock head but I can’t justify the cost just to get a few extra horses. I have researched the 7120 head. Is it worth doing some minor porting and polishing and getting some bigger valves. I would like to get Harland rocker arms installed on it and I was planning on getting the Banks exhaust manifold for this build as well. I have a 2002 intake manifold and I do plan on port matching the intake manifold for better airflow. Any thoughts or opinions about parts or companies to get parts from or companies to stay away from are appreciated. If anyone knows of someone who does Jeep head work as well will be appreciated. Thank you for your opinions and ideas.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 7120 head Improvement

Post by Cheromaniac »

Our resident stroker guru Russ Pottenger can refurbish your head with a P&P and new LS1 valves to increase airflow.
I'm sure he'll chime in and offer more expert advice.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 7120 head Improvement

Post by Russ Pottenger »

I'd be happy to send you information and options on my ported head and intake manifold's along with pricing on my Stroker kits that include my forged piston and connecting rod package.

Thanks,
Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]