Spam

Check here for most things forum related... NOT stroker related!
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Spam

Post by SkylinesSuck »

It's been pretty bad lately, and I'm pretty sure it's a bot, not an actual person posting. Is there a forum version upgrade that can be accomplished to stop this? We did that on another board I'm on and it squashed it.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Spam

Post by Muad'Dib »

Is the spam being reported? I know something was reported a few weeks back but I haven't gotten any since then. If your running across spam its critical to report the post so that it can be dealt with. I don't ready as many posts as I would like to so it would be the best way to let me know.

I'm still waiting for the board software to support the latest version of recaptcha.. but honestly the bots are so sophisticated these days nothing is full proof.

EDIT

Looking at the logs it looks like SilverXJ has been doing a good job banning users. I do need to update the forum software, so I will look into that to see if maybe there are better spam preventions now.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Yeah, seems like I see and report it like every other day. SilverXJ is on freakin top of it getting rid of it though. Thanks to him for that and to you Muad'dib for the site and uogrades! BTW, do you just foot the bill or take donations to keep it going?
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

SkylinesSuck wrote:Yeah, seems like I see and report it like every other day. SilverXJ is on freakin top of it getting rid of it though. Thanks to him for that and to you Muad'dib for the site and uogrades! BTW, do you just foot the bill or take donations to keep it going?
I do accept donations via the Donation ("Donate") link at the upper left of the forum below the banner. Thanks for your support!
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Ah, never noticed that before!