stroker terms, faqs, and parts sources

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
JeepCoMJ

stroker terms, faqs, and parts sources

Post by JeepCoMJ »

forgive me if this has been done; i haven't found anything of the sort.
I'd like to maybe compile a list of all of the stroker terms, faqs, sources for the special parts, and general technical knowledge.

the reason for this is that, being new here, and having a low attention span, I don't know what some terms are and what variables affect them. some of these I know, but maybe other newbs may not. such as quench, dishing pistons, decking, porting, etc.

do you guys think this can be done objectively...kind of a "4.0 Stroker for dummies" type of deal. perhaps then it would make it a bit quicker for newbs like me to catch up on general terminology, AND give us great faqs as well as sources for parts such as the .043 head gaskets made by Victor (i think inserting links to known sources would be a great idea..)

thanks guys!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: stroker terms, faqs, and parts sources

Post by Muad'Dib »

JeepCoMJ wrote:forgive me if this has been done; i haven't found anything of the sort.
I'd like to maybe compile a list of all of the stroker terms, faqs, sources for the special parts, and general technical knowledge.

the reason for this is that, being new here, and having a low attention span, I don't know what some terms are and what variables affect them. some of these I know, but maybe other newbs may not. such as quench, dishing pistons, decking, porting, etc.

do you guys think this can be done objectively...kind of a "4.0 Stroker for dummies" type of deal. perhaps then it would make it a bit quicker for newbs like me to catch up on general terminology, AND give us great faqs as well as sources for parts such as the .043 head gaskets made by Victor (i think inserting links to known sources would be a great idea..)

thanks guys!
I also think that would be a good thing for the FAQ section:

viewforum.php?f=27
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
JeepCoMJ

Post by JeepCoMJ »

lmao...oops.

looks like the parts and such are already up. just need one for terminology...can this be moved to that forum?
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

JeepCoMJ wrote:lmao...oops.

looks like the parts and such are already up. just need one for terminology...can this be moved to that forum?
It can be, but i wont. I think its a good idea to have a "terms" thread in the FAQ section. So ill leave this here and see if someone is up for the challenge.
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997

Post by seanyb505 »

I tried to make my build thread a good place to start for someone who only had the desire to build a stroker and little knowledge. It isnt conclusive by any means but I hope it's a good place to start. I use this for terms I'm unfamiliar with, http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/index.htm automotive dictionary. Also the original madxj.com stroker calculator is good for beginners to toy around with to see what factors affect what. I think on a basic level it shows what you need to start thinking about before you start buying stuff to. Piston specs, compression ratio, quench, deck height etc.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

seanyb505 wrote:I tried to make my build thread a good place to start for someone who only had the desire to build a stroker and little knowledge. It isnt conclusive by any means but I hope it's a good place to start. I use this for terms I'm unfamiliar with, http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/index.htm automotive dictionary. Also the original madxj.com stroker calculator is good for beginners to toy around with to see what factors affect what. I think on a basic level it shows what you need to start thinking about before you start buying stuff to. Piston specs, compression ratio, quench, deck height etc.
You dont like our calculator?
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997

Post by seanyb505 »

The madxj calc was great for teaching me stuff while I was researching and planning. I wanna say ours here wasn't made available until after I had most my calculating done. I havent needed to use it, so I havent tried it out. Im sure its fantastical. Im just used to my old ways lol..
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by Cheromaniac »

JeepCoMJ wrote:forgive me if this has been done; i haven't found anything of the sort.

thanks guys!
You'll find almost everything you could possibly need to know on my sites below:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html

They're a wealth of information.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
JeepCoMJ

Post by JeepCoMJ »

thanks!

very helpful