Yella Terra Roller Rockers

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
bofish52
Noob
Noob

Yella Terra Roller Rockers

Post by bofish52 »

Has anyone installed these on a 95 4.0 head? Just recieved them and double checked the part no. with Quadrtaec
and I don't see anyway they will fit. When you set them on the head they do not set down over the threaded boss on the head they are suppose to bolt on. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
bofish52
Noob
Noob

Re: Yella Terra Roller Rockers

Post by bofish52 »

Think I just figured it out tell me if I am wrong. The way they packaged it on top of the rocker was a bolt washer and spacer. Directions sucked but figure you take the spacer off the bolt and put it on the bottom of the rocker shaft between it and the boss on the head.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

pm dino, as he is using them on his stroker.
crustodd
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by crustodd »

Hey,
Yes, you're correct. I have the 1.6 ratio RR's and the spacer on the top is just the way they ship them. The spacer will go on the boss if you need it to get the proper preload and geometry. I have them on my '94 4.7. They're REALLY NICE.

crust1
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

yeah its just the way they ship them. kinda confusing since the instructions aren't the best. I've the 1.7 versions and i needed the little shim washer as well. Fit at form is perfect.
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by SilverXJ »

I actually prefer the construction of the YTs over the Harland Sharps I have, but I couldn't find an adjustable set of YTs.... and I have found out that Harland's support is excellent.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by Cheromaniac »

bofish52 wrote:Has anyone installed these on a 95 4.0 head? Just recieved them and double checked the part no. with Quadratec and I don't see anyway they will fit. When you set them on the head they do not set down over the threaded boss on the head they are suppose to bolt on. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
I have the YT6627 1.6 ratio roller rockers and installing them was a doddle. Even without the instructions it soon becomes obvious how they are supposed to go on. Just make sure that the bolt head goes on the flat side of the fulcrum.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
PolloLoco
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by PolloLoco »

I've decided on the YT6627, 1.6 ration RR. The cheapest that I've found them are $433.98 shipped from Jeg's. Patriot Performance sells them for $420but I don't know how much shipping is. It's hard being in a totally different time zone, by the time I'm out of my office where my phone is I'm in my room and I'm not coming out just to make a call. Has anyone found a better deal than $433.98? I'm 75 days from coming back to the States and I've heard that these roller rockers take a couple months to ship so I want to order them soon.
4.7L Stroker, 4.88 Ford 8.8 w/Auburn ECTED, HP30 w/ARB, AX-15, NP231 w/RR SYE, 33x10.50 BFG A/T, 4" Skyjacker, 1" body lift, 1" MORE motor mounts, Kilby fuel tank skid, UCF ultra-high clearance 1/4" skid, HMMWV-style snorkel, 63mm TB
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by Cheromaniac »

That's not bad actually. I bought mine 3 years ago for $364 directly from Yella Terra in Australia.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996

Post by gradon »

$420+shipping was the cheapest I found last year.
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Plechtan »

The Harland Sharp non adjustable rockers are $379.00 direct, plus shipping. These are equivenent to the YT product. The adjustable ones are $449.00 plus shipping. I don't think YT makes an adjustable version.

http://www.harlandsharp.com/amc_jeep_olds.htm

If you are getting head work done, you can go with the Pedistal mount version for $319.00, but you will need your towers cut down about .1" and guide plates added.

http://www.harlandsharp.com/inlineford_amc.htm

I just thought i would confuse things a little.
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

YT makes adjustable, just hard to come buy in the US. Also, if you go adjustable HSs or YTs you will also need a valve cover spacer, thermostat housing spacer and depending on your belt configuration a new tstat housing spacer.. all of which is only available through Hesco.
PolloLoco
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by PolloLoco »

Question 1: Why would I want adjustable? From what I've read it's beneficial for solid lifters or high performance engines. As long as I order the correct length pushrods then I'll be fine.

Question 2: If you have RR then what did you use and why? If you could do it again would you change it?
4.7L Stroker, 4.88 Ford 8.8 w/Auburn ECTED, HP30 w/ARB, AX-15, NP231 w/RR SYE, 33x10.50 BFG A/T, 4" Skyjacker, 1" body lift, 1" MORE motor mounts, Kilby fuel tank skid, UCF ultra-high clearance 1/4" skid, HMMWV-style snorkel, 63mm TB
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Plechtan »

PolloLoco wrote:Question 1: Why would I want adjustable? From what I've read it's beneficial for solid lifters or high performance engines. As long as I order the correct length pushrods then I'll be fine.

Question 2: If you have RR then what did you use and why? If you could do it again would you change it?

To answer question #1, you could get away without ordering custom pushrods

#2 in my case I am running solid lifters so I need an adjustable rocker. I used harland Sharp because they are a good value and they are MADE IN THE USA. I can't see buying a product that is the same functionally as the product made in the us, is similar in quality, and more expensive. $420.00 for the YT and $379 for the Harland Sharp.
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

1) I like the adjustable because it makes setting preload a breeze. None of this measure the turns or marking the pushrod.

2) I have used both Yella Terras and Harland Sharp rockers. I like the design of the Yella Terras a bit better because each pair of rockers are joined by a solid shaft, not the little dowel that Harland Sharp uses. However, its hard to find adjustable YTs here. Also, I had emailed YT twice and never received a reply. Harland Sharp's support is great. If you go with HS adjustable you do need the spacers as mentioned earlier. If I could do it again I would probably go with HS because of their support, easy access to parts, and ability to get adjustable.